4-0

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

With a quarter of the season complete we are 4-0. The Buffalo Bills have beat two playoff teams from last year and two very desperate teams with their backs up against the wall. When you consider, we have whats really TE first full season as a starter, Turk Shonert taking over the OC position for the first time in his young coaching career, a newly revamped front office with Levys departure and a very young football team that hasn't even come close to playing their best game, I'll repeat , we haven't even come close to playing our best game.

I ask you, how good can this team be? ;)

Guest dog14787
We're poised to be a contender for the next 8 years.

How good can we be this year though? Are we good enough to beat the G men? or can we take the D out of Dallas?

The AFC is so mixed up I'm not sure who to even compare us with, can we beat the Titans or Steelers?

I say we can beat them all and it seems like we're not even playing very well.

Will Tom Brady ever regain his strong hold on the east again?

I say no, Brady's reign of terror and destruction in the East is over. ;)

We're poised to be a contender for the next 8 years.

I hope so, the only problem is the Bills may be playing their way out of Buffalo. How will we be able to afford all these guys when their contracts are up?

With a quarter of the season complete we are 4-0. The Buffalo Bills have beat two playoff teams from last year and two very desperate teams with there backs against the wall. When you consider we have whats really TE first full season as a starter, Turk Shonert taking over the OC position for the first time in his young coaching career, a newly revamped front office with Levys departure and a very young team that hasn't even come close to playing their best game, I'll repeat , we haven't even come close to playing our best game.

Very good, this year it seems they have the right attitude and IMO, should win one playoff game, at least. It depends on how quickly they learn.

How good can we be this year though? Are we good enough to beat the G men? or can we take the D out of Dallas?

The AFC is so mixed up I'm not sure who to even compare us with, can we beat the Titans or Steelers?

I say we can beat them all and it seems like we're not even playing very well.

Will Tom Brady ever regain his strong hold on the east again?

I say no, Brady's reign of terror and destruction in the East is over. ;)

It all depends on injuries. Lost in the middle of all of this winning, we've had 2 injuries to key positions. Losing Rosco for 2 months sucks as he's a key role player and a sometimes significant contributor on offense. Possibly losing McGee for some time sucks because he's had a really good start. But at the same time, these injuries have opened the door for guys like James Hardy and McKelvin which could really help us later in the season. Yes, it could be worse but I don't like the idea of losing guys like Roscoe and McGee considering the role they've played in some of our wins already.

One game at a time, my man.

We'll find out how good they are next Sunday against the Cardinals. That's no easy task, even if Boldin is out. And then, after our bye, we play an extremely talented Chargers team. Despite their slow start, they are a team who can battle with any top team in this league.

for me the Injuries and the Play of the O-line will dictate the season and how far we can go. So far the O-line has looked average, opening some holes, giving decent pass protection. Other times getting blown up, not picking up blitzes. I think we have the talent in Dockery, Peters and Langston Walker to completely dominant opposing defensive lines - - if the O-line starts getting in sync then we could represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

Also I would look to make a trade for some veteran leadership. Tony Gonzalez anyone?

With a quarter of the season complete we are 4-0. The Buffalo Bills have beat two playoff teams from last year and two very desperate teams with their backs up against the wall. When you consider, we have whats really TE first full season as a starter, Turk Shonert taking over the OC position for the first time in his young coaching career, a newly revamped front office with Levys departure and a very young team that hasn't even come close to playing their best game, I'll repeat , we haven't even come close to playing our best game.

Only when the O-line decides to show up. TE hasn't thrown for 300 yards yet and Lynch hasn't sniffed 100 yards rushing.

I seriously doubt TE and ML are total busts and thus suck.

Guest dog14787
Only when the O-line decides to show up. TE hasn't thrown for 300 yards yet and Lynch hasn't sniffed 100 yards rushing.

I seriously doubt TE and ML are total busts and thus suck.

My thoughts also, we have allot we can improve on and we have the coaches and the athletes perfectly willing and able to do so.

Barring injuries, this is one bad ass football team in the makings. ;)

Very true. Earlier in this thread someone described the line's play as "average." That's being a little generous. On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd rate the line's play at a 1 for large stretches of games--especially in the first half. There are also times, particularly later in games, when it looks like a 7 or 8. But those happen less often. Overall I'd rate this line's performance at a 3 for the year. If we could get that up to 6 or 7, then we're a legitimate contender for the AFC Championship.

Very true. Earlier in this thread someone described the line's play as "average." That's being a little generous. On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd rate the line's play at a 1 for large stretches of games--especially in the first half. There are also times, particularly later in games, when it looks like a 7 or 8. But those happen less often. Overall I'd rate this line's performance at a 3 for the year. If we could get that up to 6 or 7, then we're a legitimate contender for the AFC Championship.

I know its semantics but a rating of 3 is crap, we're 4-0 the offense has put up points. yes the O-Line needs to improve (but its not like were consistently losing the battle at the line of scrimmage, on the whole I say we are winning it), right now I would rank the O-line play as a 5-6.

Guest dog14787
I know its semantics but a rating of 3 is crap, we're 4-0 the offense has put up points. yes the O-Line needs to improve (but its not like were consistently losing the battle at the line of scrimmage, on the whole I say we are winning it), right now I would rank the O-line play as a 5-6.

We still have our best lineman trying to get up to speed. I think 5 is about right because the O-line has struggled and its one of the main reasons TE has not been very efficient for a full 4 quarters. 3 seems a little to low however, but the way TE has been thrown around like a rag doll at times, I can sure see why folks are saying 3. If it doesn't improve TE will have a hard time staying on the playing field and a Marshawn will never get his 100 yard games in.

Guest dog14787
When we beat SD at home after the bye... this team will be for real

The Bretts are gaining momentum also and we still have a long season ahead of us,

but 4-0 sure is sweet!!! :thumbdown:

We still have our best lineman trying to get up to speed. I think 5 is about right because the O-line has struggled and its one of the main reasons TE has not been very efficient for a full 4 quarters. 3 seems a little to low however, but the way TE has been thrown around like a rag doll at times, I can sure see why folks are saying 3. If it doesn't improve TE will have a hard time staying on the playing field and a Marshawn will never get his 100 yard games in.

In the first half of the St. Louis game, the offensive line had more yards given up in penalties (20 or more) than the Bills had rushing (18). The offensive line also allowed 4 sacks, plus numerous hurries and knock-downs. I'd rate that performance as a 1. If you want to give it a 5 for the game as a whole, then you'd have to say its level of play was about a 9 for the second half. I don't feel it deserved a 9 for its second half play. There were times it looked dominant, but other times when it got dominated. Give it about a 6 for its second half play, which brings its average for the game to--wait for it!---3.5.

Guest dog14787
In the first half of the St. Louis game, the offensive line had more yards given up in penalties (20 or more) than the Bills had rushing (18). The offensive line also allowed 4 sacks, plus numerous hurries and knock-downs. I'd rate that performance as a 1. If you want to give it a 5 for the game as a whole, then you'd have to say its level of play was about a 9 for the second half. I don't feel it deserved a 9 for its second half play. There were times it looked dominant, but other times when it got dominated. Give it about a 6 for its second half play, which brings its average for the game to--wait for it!---3.5.

I can't argue with your logics, maybe 3.5 is fairly accurate.

We haven't played a single game in the AFC East. These are the games that are critical to our success for the season. Fortunately all three of them show some vulnerabilities, but we can't discount them. Brett almighty can throw for 6 TDs in a game, Big Bad Ronny Brown managed 5 TDs in a single game; and Patsteriks went 18-1 last season and still have LOTS of talent.

I'm real pleased with the season, but almost no games are gimmies and we have our conference games (which are harder regardless of record) ahead of us.

We're a young team learning to be a good one. Lets hope we keep learning!