HELP!!! Wedding in Scarsdale NY next week DURING the game

mackey7789

My wife is the bridesmaid in a wedding next Sunday during the Bills game (Fountainhead in New Rochelle/Scarsdale near NYC). No clue why they would schedule a wedding on a Sunday during football.

Does anyone know the AM or FM radio station in the NYC area to catch the Bills game? Or any nearby bars that may have the game? I plan on wiring a headphone in my ear at the ceremony. I am also open to disappearing to find a nearby bar. I have not missed a Bills game in person or on TV since 1996. Not about to miss this one.

Please let me know if you can help!!!

My wife is the bridesmaid in a wedding next Sunday during the Bills game (Fountainhead in New Rochelle/Scarsdale near NYC). No clue why they would schedule a wedding on a Sunday during football.

Does anyone know the AM or FM radio station in the NYC area to catch the Bills game? Or any nearby bars that may have the game? I plan on wiring a headphone in my ear at the ceremony. I am also open to disappearing to find a nearby bar. I have not missed a Bills game in person or on TV since 1996. Not about to miss this one.

You wife's in the wedding, what does that have to do with you. Stay home and watch the :rolleyes: game :flirt:

GO BILLS!

Getting married on a Sunday during the NFL season.....I assume this is a same sex marriage?

One would think - it sucks. I refuse to miss this game - my wife will be pissed when I leave for a sports bar but oh well. Sucks there are no radio stations in NYC for the bills.

Sunday wedding? The idiots don't deserve your presence.......

No one gets married on Sunday......do they? Jeez, inconsiderate bastages.

I've had to occasionally be away from the game during Sundays and as I see it, there are two options for you (besides the obvious one of bailing on the wedding).

1. Get the NFL Sunday Ticket with Superfan (I sound like an ad) and get a laptop with a wireless card and watch the game at the reception.

OR

2. TIVO/DVR the game and make sure no one tells you the outcome. If the wedding is during NFL sunday, this probably won't be a problem minus some other husband that is forced to come along but has a web connection on his phone (steer clear of him). Immediately after the game, go straight to your DVR and watch it. If its not at home, get a slingbox and log on from your laptop and watch it.

No excuses.

dude, welcome to the rest of america...where football is a game and not the only thing you consider when scheduling your wedding.

the best bills experience is at McFaddens in NYC, but that is not an option when in Scarsdale. there are plenty of sports bars in westchester, but in all likelyhood there will be no sound on the Bills/Cards game.

suck it up...like many of us have to ... TiVo it...life will not end without football...but your life might if you try to watch the game instead of going to the wedding

With all due respect, I'm going to have to disagree with Tarrytown. Watch the game, there will be more weddings!

I remember that prior to my own, I had sufficiently inundated the in-laws with enough pro-Bills propaganda that they understood the events would have to be timed around the game (alas it was right around the start of the year we whupped the pats 31-0 and it all went downhill :-().

Option 3: Get your wife a nice gift and just go watch the game. Then plead temporary insanity that occurs 3 hrs a week for about 16-20 times per year. It'll work out.

Simple steps:

1. Eat a lot of brownies and drink a lot of cherry Kool-aid when your girlfriend isn't around the night before. Make sure the brownies are chewed very well and no chunks go down the throat. Don't go to the bathroom.

2. When you first see her that night, I'm assuming you live together tell her you're not feeling well. Mopping your face with water just before will help.

3. Run to the bathroom and make yourself throw up and pee yourself while doing it and keep gagging til she comes into the bathroom and looks in the toilet.

4. Let her tell you to stay home.

5. After she leaves in the morning make a beer run. :lol:;)

Stay where you are. The Navy Seals are on their way to rescue you! Tell the lil miss you was kidnapped by Al-Qaida and that, courageously, with some luck and much skill, you escaped with nothing more than some used chewing gum and your library card. :lol:

;)

1. Get the NFL Sunday Ticket with Superfan (I sound like an ad) and get a laptop with a wireless card and watch the game at the reception.

There is no need for such a card; all laptops these days have wireless connectivity built in--yes, even the cheapest of the cheap.

There is no need for such a card; all laptops these days have wireless connectivity built in--yes, even the cheapest of the cheap.

By wireless card I meant a Sprint or Verizon card to pick up a wireless signal if there is none at the wedding reception site!