I'm beginning to think...

Dr. Trooth

Dink & Dunk Trent is not such a bad idea afterall. The longer the offense can stay on the field just keeping the chains moving will keep the defense off the field... cuz it stinks. Giving up 380 yards to the worst offense in the league? Geez... I can't say I'm looking forward to the defense going agaisnt a top 10 offense... and I'll bet they ain't looking foward to it either.

True sir true.

I don't understand why the Bills NEVER do what they're supposed to do in any given game.... we're going up against the worst run D in the league; huge day for our run game? no... heavily favored against the raiders; put up a lot of points? no... going up against one of the worst d lines in the league; why don't we give up 4 sacks

I'll take today's win. We made enough plays to win it, but we just weren't really in sync most of the day. We don't win that game against a better club.

I know we're all being really picky about these wins, but I feel like this team is good enough and smart enough to dominate games the whole way through. Both the offense and defense look great in flashes. Hopefully they'll be able to start putting it together consistently.

Dink & Dunk Trent is not such a bad idea afterall. The longer the offense can stay on the field just keeping the chains moving will keep the defense off the field... cuz it stinks. Giving up 380 yards to the worst offense in the league? Geez... I can't say I'm looking forward to the defense going agaisnt a top 10 offense... and I'll bet they ain't looking foward to it either.

who cares?? 70 yards of that was in garbage time and 60 of those 70 came on a screen to Jackson when the Bills were trying to kill Green...

but your right...the fact that our D was 5th in the NFL and leading the nfl in numerous categories, including 3rd down conversions by the opponent means it sucks...

those things happen...even the Bills last year put up big numbers on a few teams...some even had good defenses...

that is until they faced the worst offense in the NFL(the Bills) and then fell apart the rest of the year...

Did you ever hear of Joe Montana?

True sir true.

I don't understand why the Bills NEVER do what they're supposed to do in any given game.... we're going up against the worst run D in the league; huge day for our run game? no... heavily favored against the raiders; put up a lot of points? no... going up against one of the worst d lines in the league; why don't we give up 4 sacks

I'll take today's win. We made enough plays to win it, but we just weren't really in sync most of the day. We don't win that game against a better club.

I know we're all being really picky about these wins, but I feel like this team is good enough and smart enough to dominate games the whole way through. Both the offense and defense look great in flashes. Hopefully they'll be able to start putting it together consistently.

The Bills seem to play as good as they need to get a win...

they seem to play to the opponents level...good against 2 playoff teams from last year in seattle and jacksonville...poorly against 2 bottom feeders(although Oakland showed their D is no joke by bottling up Rivers and LT most of the game)...

either way, they made enough plays to win, which is really all they need to do. Perhaps if the Rams were 3-0, they would have played better...we will never know. There are no "easy" wins in the NFL anymore, and anyone who thinks so is kidding themselves. Most of the time bad teams are not bad because of talent alone, but because of their mental state(confidence in themselves, their teammates and their coaches) and their coaches ability to motivate, create a winning environment, and getting the players to believe they know what they are doing more than the players.

Bad teams are bad precisely because they find ways to lose games, like the Raiders and the Rams did today---there were plenty of games the last 8 years where the Bills had leads on teams that were better than they were for the majority of the game, only to suddenly remember that they just aren't supposed to win these games and fall apart in the 4th quarter...

Conversely, good teams are able to stay the course, not panic when the get behind, keep plugging away and maintain their belief that if they just play their game, eventually they will win the game---kinda like other teams did to us last year and like we are doing to teams this year...

Make no mistake about it...this is a good young team...yes they are maddeningly inconsistent at times, but they are still learning how to properly prepare for every game and not take poor teams lightly...in this way they are a lot like the Sabres teams of the past few years...lots of talent...young and inconsistent, but in the end their talent allows them to pull most of the games out...

I'm more worried about our O line than anything....In second place are our non-existent DEs and outside passrush.

There are no "easy" wins in the NFL anymore, and anyone who thinks so is kidding themselves. Most of the time bad teams are not bad because of talent alone, but because of their mental state(confidence in themselves, their teammates and their coaches) and their coaches ability to motivate, create a winning environment, and getting the players to believe they know what they are doing more than the players.

Good points, but contrary to whatever any coach in the league would say, I think there are easy wins to be had in the NFL. I think there are teams that are just that much better than other teams. I'm not sure if we are one, but I think we are capable of being one.

You're right though, we are still very young, and still learning, but at least they are winning while they are doing it.

That wasn't the same offense the Rams have fielded the first 3 weeks. This is their first season with Al Saunders as the OC and having Green in for Bulger made a big difference for them. Green's best seasons in KC came with Saunders at the helm and he's very comfortable and makes quick decisions.

The wrinkles they put in (90 flip for example) worked very well and Donnie Avery's speed was a much needed compliment that was missing when Drew Bennett was out there. That kid looks light years ahead of Hardy at this point.

Oh, and Jacob Bell looked pretty goddamn good in the running game during the first half. Of course, this was his first game back after missing the last 2.

Like I said earlier in the week, the Rams have plenty of talent but the fact that they hate their head coach and have injuries at some pretty key positions have people making ridiculous statements about them.

True sir true.

Except win...

That wasn't the same offense the Rams have fielded the first 3 weeks. This is their first season with Al Saunders as the OC and having Green in for Bulger made a big difference for them. Green's best seasons in KC came with Saunders at the helm and he's very comfortable and makes quick decisions.

The wrinkles they put in (90 flip for example) worked very well and Donnie Avery's speed was a much needed compliment that was missing when Drew Bennett was out there. That kid looks light years ahead of Hardy at this point.

Oh, and Jacob Bell looked pretty goddamn good in the running game during the first half. Of course, this was his first game back after missing the last 2.

Like I said earlier in the week, the Rams have plenty of talent but the fact that they hate their head coach and have injuries at some pretty key positions have people making ridiculous statements about them.

The switch of Green for Bulger definitely made a difference, at least yardage-wise (the Bills still held them to just 14 points, which is the most important stat). Reportedly Al Saunders' playbook is about twice as thick as most OCs' playbooks. And as you said, getting Bell back and inserting Avery and his speed were improvements as well, not to mention pulling-out all the stops out of desperation.