Boldin down

RLflutie7

What?

The medical treatment for concussion recovery these days is that a player needs to be symptom free for a week before he gets the OK. Thus day-to-dau is the right statement for Boldin at this time as he clearly suffered some neurologic impact but there is uncertainty as to whether he had a concussion. If he wakes up with a headache today, Tuesday or Wed he would be held out.

If he awakes with a headache I guess the "manly" thing to do would be not to tell and to tough it out. This would also be the stupid thing to do as we are talking about potential paralysis here and should not be played with simply to entertain us heathens.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The medical treatment for concussion recovery these days is that a player needs to be symptom free for a week before he gets the OK. Thus day-to-dau is the right statement for Boldin at this time as he clearly suffered some neurologic impact but there is uncertainty as to whether he had a concussion. If he wakes up with a headache today, Tuesday or Wed he would be held out.

If he awakes with a headache I guess the "manly" thing to do would be not to tell and to tough it out. This would also be the stupid thing to do as we are talking about potential paralysis here and should not be played with simply to entertain us heathens.

Ahh...the medical 'treatment' is that the guy needs to be free of symptoms?

Obviously the league thought it was a dirty hit and I'm sure it wasn't because Boldin got hurt. IIRC, Hixon was never fined for the hit on Everett last year.

So that being said I think the fine and suspension are justified.

Hixon was the returner, not the hitter. In fact, it was Everett who hit him.