live from the edward jones dome

udonkey

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...12927&saved

If you have any facebook account, copy my link and check out my album. Or just look me up. Corey Shannon.

My first Bills game ever, and I had the time of my life. Got to shake hands with Marshawn and Donte, and had them sign my dollar bill.

So, perhaps my slightly intoxicated guesstimate of the number of Bills fans was off. I can attest that there were A LOT of Bills fans tailgating in the lot where we were, but we must've been in the heart of it.

ESPN tells me that the official attendance at the game was 61,000 - I would guess there was more like 45,000-50,000 in their seats. Of that, probably 7,000-10,000 or so were Bills fans.

Regardless, a very fun atmosphere, especially leaving the game. The people that we tailgated with (Rams fans on both sides) were some of the nicest people I've encountered for a Bills game, home or away. I was hoping to meet up with George Wilson after the game, but things are obviously a bit different at away games than at Hammer's lot at the Ralph.

It was a pleasure meeting Indy Dave and his wife. I hope you guys enjoyed the game and made it home safely. I didn't catch up with any of the other TBD posters - hopefully you guys all had a great time as well.

My friend and I left St Louis about an hour after the end of the game and made it back to Cincinnati right around 1:30am. It was a great trip, and I definitely recommend visiting St Louis to anyone else that might get the opportunity down the road - I certainly would've liked to have had more time there, but duty calls and I'm now about ready to go in for a 1/2 day of work.

You can check out some of the pictures that I took:

http://community.webshots.com/album/567506...vhost=community

I'm now 2 for 2 this season, both road games. Hoping to make it up for the Jets (and maybe the Chargers) game...

Great pics!!! We had seasons when we lived in Buffalo (born and bred), and traveled to away games at least one game a year (Cleveland, Miami, Indy, New England). Have many pics from the Superbowl years against Miami. Last away game I went to was in 1996 (in Miami, and I had moved to FL by then). Back then there was nowhere to post them and share them with others.

Cool pics - always interesting to check out another NFL scene.

How was the tailgating? Looks pretty sparse to me. No Orchard Park that's for sure :thumbdown:

That turf even looks ugly in pictures! LOL @ the red and blue dudes!

Tailgating was not good at all. Our hotel was right across the street from the dome, so we just got drunk in the room and watched the early games.

Sucks doesn't it?

I was there, but after sitting there for like 1 quarter i wish i was home watching it on TV

I'm now 2 for 2 this season, both road games. Hoping to make it up for the Jets (and maybe the Chargers) game...

But that also means you're 2 for 2 staying at home for home games. Someone notify the troopers to put up a roadblock so udonkey can't make it to RWS.

Whats up with all the Bills family members tailgating for the game?

Horrible isn't it. Family turning out to see their relative play, why can't they stay home.

Tailgating was not good at all. Our hotel was right across the street from the dome, so we just got drunk in the room and watched the early games.

I disagree. We had a great time tailgating.

The guys to my left had a huge spread - wings, bison burgers, etc. DirecTV satellite on his truck w/ a 12" TV in the bed of the truck. Guys to the right had a similar setup to me - cooler, chips, grilled burgers, etc - nothing too elaborate, but it got the job done.

This was the closest that I've ever tailgated to an NFL stadium...Hammer's lot is close, but I was 100 yards or less on Sunday.

We pulled in at 10am (local time), 5 hours before kickoff, and we parked in the 2nd row in the lot...meaning there were already 30+ cars of people tailgating. Not bad considering the state of that franchise and the fact that the Cardinals were to play a game in a sold out stadium 2 hours later.

I give my props to St Louis and the Rams fans - they were great hosts and I wish that franchise luck.

I disagree. We had a great time tailgating.

The guys to my left had a huge spread - wings, bison burgers, etc. DirecTV satellite on his truck w/ a 12" TV in the bed of the truck. Guys to the right had a similar setup to me - cooler, chips, grilled burgers, etc - nothing too elaborate, but it got the job done.

This was the closest that I've ever tailgated to an NFL stadium...Hammer's lot is close, but I was 100 yards or less on Sunday.

We pulled in at 10am (local time), 5 hours before kickoff, and we parked in the 2nd row in the lot...meaning there were already 30+ cars of people tailgating. Not bad considering the state of that franchise and the fact that the Cardinals were to play a game in a sold out stadium 2 hours later.

I give my props to St Louis and the Rams fans - they were great hosts and I wish that franchise luck.

I agree with udonkey (Mike). While the tailgating isn't what you see at the Ralph, it was better than advertised. I'm on NutriSystem, so that prevented me from eating and drinking as I would have liked, but there were plenty of goodies around.

As others have said, there were thousands of Bills fans there, and we were loud and proud. I didn't see anything obnoxious from any of our fans either. Rams fans were very nice. They congratulated us on being 4-0. Mostly they were ready for a new coach...they obviously got their wish.

Sorry we didn't get to meet more people from the Wall.