Dear Senator John McCain

The GOP deregulated the industry and left it to its own devices. It blew up. In response they want to take OUR money and throw it at failed institutions. Then, since trusting the industry to police itself didn't work, they want to cut taxes to corporations and rich people, trusting that they'll invest cash into the economy which will help it pick up some...people with money like me can buy low and sell high, cash in on dividends, and just MAYBE it will trickle down to the truck driver, garage mechanic, cop, teacher, and single parent who are being crushed by bills but cannot file for bankruptcy because the GOP made sure THAT was almost impossible.

View this video and then tell who wanted more regulations on Fanny and Freddy. Truth be told, these outfits where run by democrats and gave big $ to democratic candidates.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/0...g_franklin.html

This all started on the Clinton watch when the government started intervening in the credit market to push low income lending.

Since HUD became their regulator in 1992, Fannie and Freddie each year are supposed to buy a portion of "affordable" mortgages made to underserved borrowers. Every four years, HUD reviews the goals to adapt to market changes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8060902626.html

In 1995, President Bill Clinton's HUD agreed to let Fannie and Freddie get affordable-housing credit for buying subprime securities that included loans to low-income borrowers. The idea was that subprime lending benefited many borrowers who did not qualify for conventional loans. HUD expected that Freddie and Fannie would impose their high lending standards on subprime lenders.

Banks typically back prime loans with customers' deposits. But subprime lenders often rely on money from Wall Street investors , who buy packages of loans as investments called mortgage-backed securities.

In 2000, as HUD revisited its affordable-housing goals, the housing market had shifted. With escalating home prices, subprime loans were more popular. Consumer advocates warned that lenders were trapping borrowers with low "teaser" interest rates and ignoring borrowers' qualifications.

HUD restricted Freddie and Fannie, saying it would not credit them for loans they purchased that had abusively high costs or that were granted without regard to the borrower's ability to repay. Freddie and Fannie adopted policies not to buy some high-cost loans.

That year, Freddie bought $18.6 billion in subprime loans; Fannie did not disclose its number.

View this video and then tell who wanted more regulations on Fanny and Freddy. Truth be told, these outfits where run by democrats and gave big $ to democratic candidates.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/0...g_franklin.html

This all started on the Clinton watch when the government started intervening in the credit market to push low income lending.

Since HUD became their regulator in 1992, Fannie and Freddie each year are supposed to buy a portion of "affordable" mortgages made to underserved borrowers. Every four years, HUD reviews the goals to adapt to market changes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8060902626.html

In 1995, President Bill Clinton's HUD agreed to let Fannie and Freddie get affordable-housing credit for buying subprime securities that included loans to low-income borrowers. The idea was that subprime lending benefited many borrowers who did not qualify for conventional loans. HUD expected that Freddie and Fannie would impose their high lending standards on subprime lenders.

Banks typically back prime loans with customers' deposits. But subprime lenders often rely on money from Wall Street investors , who buy packages of loans as investments called mortgage-backed securities.

In 2000, as HUD revisited its affordable-housing goals, the housing market had shifted. With escalating home prices, subprime loans were more popular. Consumer advocates warned that lenders were trapping borrowers with low "teaser" interest rates and ignoring borrowers' qualifications.

HUD restricted Freddie and Fannie, saying it would not credit them for loans they purchased that had abusively high costs or that were granted without regard to the borrower's ability to repay. Freddie and Fannie adopted policies not to buy some high-cost loans.

That year, Freddie bought $18.6 billion in subprime loans; Fannie did not disclose its number.

Very compelling. Thank you!

September 27, 2008

Senator John McCain

Washington, DC

Dear Senator McCain,

With regards to your Presidential debate with Senator Barack Obama I have some serious doubts about you. And I think I speak for a lot of John McCain voters.

It was apparent that there's a few things about Senator Barack Obama that you don't know. For example:

Baraack Obama served ONLY about 6 months in the United States Senate when he decided to run for President.

Barack Obama has never "changed" anything while serving in state and federal government even though Obama's campaign slogan is "Change You Can Believe In."

Barack Obama selected a VP candidate who has said many times that Barack Obama is not ready to be President.

Barack Obama selected a VP candidate who disagrees with Barack Obama while making campaign speeches.

Barack Obama selected a VP candidate who makes a complete idiot of himself every time he opens his mouth. FDR on television? Asking a wheel chair person to stand and take a bow?

Barack Obama decided to campaign this week instead of being where he should have been. In Washington DC immersing himself with the negotiations of the federal financial Bailout. ALL senators and ALL congress members should have been in Washington DC, for such an important function.

Barack Obama said "if you need me, call me" with regard to not being in Washington DC, for this work. That's a pretty stupid answer and it really goes to the mind of who Barack Obama really is.

Do you not know about these important issues regarding Senator Obama? Did someone in your campaign not tell you?

These are the key Barack Obama points. There's probably more.

Well, now that you are aware of them, we McCain voters expect to see a lot of advertising of Barack Obama's ineptitude and you, personally, should STAND ON THE TOP OF EVERY MOUNTAIN IN THE UNITED STATED AND SCREAM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not, then you lose!

Sincerely,

A Senator John McCain Voter

I guess the biggest question is then... is why is McCain capable of being of President himself? And by the way, your points are skewed. But that's ok. I expect that from an avid McCain supporter.

You lost me when you started knocking his VP. Do you really want to compare VP choices?

I expect Biden to STEAMROLL Palin in the debates, if she doesn't catch a cold and miss them.

Yes. Even without the recent gaffes, Biden represents the opposite of everything Obama claims to represent. He is the poster-child of long-timer empty suits. His actual accomplishments - voting against the Gulf War I, voting for the removal of Saddam Hussein later on, support for lobbyists, protecting the credit card companies against personal bancruptcy - are a quixotic bag that won't play well if they were examined as closely as Palin has been.

Yes. Even without the recent gaffes, Biden represents the opposite of everything Obama claims to represent. He is the poster-child of long-timer empty suits. His actual accomplishments - voting against the Gulf War I, voting for the removal of Saddam Hussein later on, support for lobbyists, protecting the credit card companies against personal bancruptcy - are a quixotic bag that won't play well if they were examined as closely as Palin has been.

They're not examined as closely as Palin simply because the John McCain campaign managers never bring them up. McCain's managers are completely blowing this election for him.

Where have you been? He's been examined closely and raked over the coals endlessly over the last 20-25 years. So much so, in fact, that he never really caught on as a Presidential contender because he had so much baggage from the press abusing him, often well founded, depending on your POV.