Dear Senator John McCain

September 27, 2008

Senator John McCain

Washington, DC

Dear Senator McCain,

With regards to your Presidential debate with Senator Barack Obama I have some serious doubts about you. And I think I speak for a lot of John McCain voters.

It was apparent that there's a few things about Senator Barack Obama that you don't know. For example:

Baraack Obama served ONLY about 6 months in the United States Senate when he decided to run for President.

Barack Obama has never "changed" anything while serving in state and federal government even though Obama's campaign slogan is "Change You Can Believe In."

Barack Obama selected a VP candidate who has said many times that Barack Obama is not ready to be President.

Barack Obama selected a VP candidate who disagrees with Barack Obama while making campaign speeches.

Barack Obama selected a VP candidate who makes a complete idiot of himself every time he opens his mouth. FDR on television? Asking a wheel chair person to stand and take a bow?

Barack Obama decided to campaign this week instead of being where he should have been. In Washington DC immersing himself with the negotiations of the federal financial Bailout. ALL senators and ALL congress members should have been in Washington DC, for such an important function.

Barack Obama said "if you need me, call me" with regard to not being in Washington DC, for this work. That's a pretty stupid answer and it really goes to the mind of who Barack Obama really is.

Do you not know about these important issues regarding Senator Obama? Did someone in your campaign not tell you?

These are the key Barack Obama points. There's probably more.

Well, now that you are aware of them, we McCain voters expect to see a lot of advertising of Barack Obama's ineptitude and you, personally, should STAND ON THE TOP OF EVERY MOUNTAIN IN THE UNITED STATED AND SCREAM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not, then you lose!

Sincerely,

A Senator John McCain Voter

So McCain should base his campaign on Joe Biden gaffes while the US economy crumbles?

"Barack Obama decided to campaign this week instead of being where he should have been. In Washington DC immersing himself with the negotiations of the federal financial Bailout. ALL senators and ALL congress members should have been in Washington DC, for such an important function.

Barack Obama said "if you need me, call me" with regard to not being in Washington DC, for this work. That's a pretty stupid answer and it really goes to the mind of who Barack Obama really is."

John McCain was IN Washington, DC - where Barack Obama should have been. Pity that McCain isn't smart enough to make that argument, though.

"Barack Obama decided to campaign this week instead of being where he should have been. In Washington DC immersing himself with the negotiations of the federal financial Bailout. ALL senators and ALL congress members should have been in Washington DC, for such an important function.

Barack Obama said "if you need me, call me" with regard to not being in Washington DC, for this work. That's a pretty stupid answer and it really goes to the mind of who Barack Obama really is."

John McCain was IN Washington, DC - where Barack Obama should have been. Pity that McCain isn't smart enough to make that argument, though.

Actually they were both in Washington DC.

So McCain should base his campaign on Joe Biden gaffes while the US economy crumbles?

Obama seems to be running against Palin. McCain running against Biden would be appropriately farcical closure.

Actually they were both in Washington DC.

Stop it. Facts have no place here.

Umm... McCain never went to Washington when he said he was going to. Obama and McCain were both in Washington about the same amount of time, which was a little more than one day.

Umm... McCain never went to Washington when he said he was going to. Obama and McCain were both in Washington about the same amount of time, which was a little more than one day.

Obama went because the President called him and requested his presence.

Obama stated that this was the worst fiscal crises since (well, I'm sure since Kerry, Gore, Clinton, etc... announcements in their campaign) since the depression. He then proceeded to prepare for a debate.

Obama stated that this was the worst fiscal crises since (well, I'm sure since Kerry, Gore, Clinton, etc... announcements in their campaign) since the depression. He then proceeded to prepare for a debate.

He wasn't supposed to be there, and there wasn't much he could do. He was in touch with everyone he needed to be. He publicly stated his four provisions which were eventually adopted by the bipartisan group three days before McCain went there. Senators not on those committees were not allowed in the major meetings. Neither Obama nor McCain have expertise in this specific issue. Besides, McCain spent the entire night he was in Washington (from 6 o'clock on preparing for the debate not working on the economy), same as Obama.

McCain was totally full of crap the entire time. He said he was suspending his campaign and he didnt. He said he had to immediately go to Washington to fix this and he didn't go for 22 hours. He said he wouldn't come back for the debate unless there was a deal and he left for the debate before anything that he worked on with the House Republicans was even told to the other side, let alone agreed to. There were reports from his own campaign that "we got to get him out of there." He looked like he has looked lately, suspending everything for crises that he didn't do anything for and throwing up Hail Mary passes.

Obama wasn't the one who said he would "suspend" his campaign. McCain "suspended" his campaign to return to DC to help with the financial crisis Wednesday afternoon but he still made time to record an interview with Katie Couric...in NYC, then gave a speech the next morning at the CGI...in NYC, and then finally returned to DC on Thursday. All the while campaign surrogates still appeared on cable talk shows and TV ads ran in the battleground states. McCain and Obama are not on the Senate Banking Committee and they shouldn't be interjecting presidential politics into the crisis. They should both keep campaigning and return only when the package is up for a vote. As John Stewart said "John McCain is the only man who can impulsively overreact to something 10 days old"

So then I assume you were OUTRAGED when New York and DC were under attack and Bush stayed in an elementary school in Podunk, FL reading "My Pet Goat" and THEN flew around in Air Force one "staying out of harm's way". Right? He should have IMMEDIATELY flown back and grabbed his bullhorn to lead America. Right?

Yeah sure.

See, there are these things called telephones...people can talk over them. The legislation was being crafted in the HOUSE. Obama and McCain are in the SENATE. Obama and his advisors could use these new-fangled telephone-things to provide input when appropriate, and because they are younger and understand technology they could actually do something called multi-tasking.

Surely you didn't miss the fact that when McCain got back to DC the entire thing blew up because the GOP took their ball and went home?

The GOP deregulated the industry and left it to its own devices. It blew up. In response they want to take OUR money and throw it at failed institutions. Then, since trusting the industry to police itself didn't work, they want to cut taxes to corporations and rich people, trusting that they'll invest cash into the economy which will help it pick up some...people with money like me can buy low and sell high, cash in on dividends, and just MAYBE it will trickle down to the truck driver, garage mechanic, cop, teacher, and single parent who are being crushed by bills but cannot file for bankruptcy because the GOP made sure THAT was almost impossible.

So then I assume you were OUTRAGED when New York and DC were under attack and Bush stayed in an elementary school in Podunk, FL reading "My Pet Goat" and THEN flew around in Air Force one "staying out of harm's way". Right? He should have IMMEDIATELY flown back and grabbed his bullhorn to lead America. Right?

Now I'm confused. McCain sees a crisis, shouts "Sancho, my armor!", and takes of to DC to deal with it even though there's nothing he can really do. Bush does THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

And they're both wrong? <_<

You lost me when you started knocking his VP. Do you really want to compare VP choices?

I expect Biden to STEAMROLL Palin in the debates, if she doesn't catch a cold and miss them.

Johnny, I thought you were all excited about the VP choice of McCain...at least when it was announced?

We're seeing a lot of people fall of her bandwagon. I'm just waiting for the two Buffalo radio talk show hosts, Beurele and Beach, to admit their giddiness (they both said McCain would win in a landslide after the Palin selection) was premature.