Presidential Debate

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787
I have no issue with a loose time line. But, more important that any date, is the overwhelming sense and acknowledgment that we are in the end stages of the war. We should be actively working toward the removal of our troops.

I mean no disrespect to you Deano and I realize this is a very touchy subject for many Americans.

My little niece just joined the army 3 months ago, she's young, beautiful and she still has her whole life ahead of her. I don't want to see her go to Iraq, but when I brought up the subject to her and asked her if she would want to go there, she said if thats where my country needs me, then yes, its where I want to go.

So its hard for me to see my family members put in harms way, but she understands the situation in Iraq, she knew before she joined and she's OK with it.

I'm very,very proud of her. :devil:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean no disrespect to you Deano and I realize this is a very touchy subject for many Americans.

My little niece just joined the army 3 months ago, she's young, beautiful and she still has her whole life ahead of her. I don't want to see her go to Iraq, but when I brought up the subject to her and asked her if she would want to go there, she said if thats where my country needs me, then yes, its where I want to go.

So its hard for me to see my family members put in harms way, but she understands the situation in Iraq, she knew before she joined and she's OK with it.

As you should be. I respect people who join the military and, if it is required, risk their lives for the country. I don't hold them responsible for the mistake of our leaders (Dem and Rep, conservative and liberal).

McCain already has a commercial out (within about 15-20 minutes of teh end of the debate) with several of Obama's "I agree with Senator McCain..." statements.

I agree that you're right. But you're not right enough!

Obama = Pepsi = Blue Logo

McCain = Coke = Red Logo

Obama vs McCain = Coke vs Pepsi

Same general formula with a little different flavor

But MY brand is better than YOURS!

I'm not exactly sure what this has to do with anything?

McCain already has a commercial out (within about 15-20 minutes of teh end of the debate) with several of Obama's "I agree with Senator McCain..." statements.

If it wasn't for the fact that this country elected Bush, and then RE-ELECTED HIM, I could never believe McCain would have any shot in the world of winning this election. As it stands now, I almost expect him to win.

Really, doesn't Obama just seem more like the old fashioned kind of scumbag politician that got this country through the 70's and 80's and 90's? Instead of the new, unbelievably delusional, wacko/lunatic style politician of the new millennium?

Can't decide if we should get back to our roots or push forward.

Guest dog14787
If it wasn't for the fact that this country elected Bush, and then RE-ELECTED HIM, I could never believe McCain would have any shot in the world of winning this election. As it stands now, I almost expect him to win.

Really, doesn't Obama just seem more like the old fashioned kind of scumbag politician this that got this country through the 70's and 80's and 90's? Instead of the new unbelievably delusional, wacko style politician of the new millennium?

Can't decide if we should get back to our roots or push forward.

Crawl under a rock buddy, the world will be a better place. :devil:

Crawl under a rock buddy, maybe the world will be a better place. :devil:

You should have responded to my other post, which was obviously what you took offense to. But really I didn't mean any offense. I just didn't understand what point you were trying to make. Was it that people in the military don't mind being deployed to Iraq? That we should support the troops no matter what we think of the candidates? Something else entirely?

Guest dog14787
You should have responded to my other post, which was obviously what you took offense to. But really I didn't mean any offense. I just didn't understand what point you were trying to make. Was it that people in the military don't mind being deployed to Iraq? That we should support the troops no matter what we think of the candidates? Something else entirely?

I was responding to a fellow board member who's opinion I've grown to respect.

Honestly, I could care less what you think so draw your own conclusions.

Really, doesn't Obama just seem more like the old fashioned kind of scumbag politician this that got this country through the 70's and 80's and 90's? Instead of the new unbelievably delusional, wacko style politician of the new millennium?

Change you can believe in :devil:

The only politician who has been hones with the voters is Ron Paul. But he tells us what we don't want to hear

War Hero = Sparkles!

Change = Sunshine!

Gold Standard and perils of deficit spending, too much credit, over extended empire = :lol:

I was responding to a fellow board member who's opinion I've grown to respect.

Honestly, I could care less what you think so draw your own conclusions.

:lol:

Then next time either PM him or ignore me. I simply asked what you meant when you posted on a public message board, and somehow I'm the bad guy who should crawl under a rock to make the world a better place.

:devil:

Whatever. Best wishes to your niece.

Guest dog14787
:lol:

Then next time either PM him or ignore me. I simply asked what you meant when you posted on a public message board, and somehow I'm the bad guy who should crawl under a rock to make the world a better place.

:devil:

Whatever. Best wishes to your niece.

Thanks for saying as much Faustus, no hard feelings.

I was just trying to convey that the issue really hits close to home for all of us in one way or another, thats all.

All I know is that if the democrats lose this election they should just detonate their entire party.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.

-Will Rogers

If the Democrats somehow find a way to lose this giftwrapped election, they should disband the party and vow never to speak to one another again

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.

-Will Rogers

If the Democrats somehow find a way to lose this giftwrapped election, they should disband the party and vow never to speak to one another again

They could not beat Bush. Shouldn't that have been grounds for the Dem's to hang it up?

Obama + Mcain = Inadequate

Obama is exceptionally dumb. Only one way to go and it's too late. Ron Paul. A true conservative Republican.Only hope Ive never been more sure of anything. I really am afraid for this country with the choices we have. I think I want to move to the Pacific Rim where they have their sh-- together

I just hope there are no riots out of Oaktown if Obama doesn't win. That would be scary shite in these parts

And oh yeah... GO SHARKS BABY!!!! Boyes + Blake = Championship <_<:o:thumbsup:

Unfortunately Obama won't (or feels he can't) point out the truth about the was in Iraq, and McCain's approached to foreign affairs. McCain still thinks about these problems in the old way, of fighting nations. He is oblivious that, the reason Iraq is a hotbed of terrorist activity is BECAUSE we took down Sadam, and had not strategy to handle the aftermath. Most importantly, though, nobody bothered to ask McCain what constitutes a "Win" in Iraq. How do we know when we've won? There is nobody to officially surrender. We win when we leave.

Of course our enemies will say they won when we leave, but they will do so WHENEVER we decide to leave. If he thinks that the US needs to stay actively combative in Iraq, until there is peace among all Iraqis, then he is in for one long conflict. Originally, I was told that we were at war with Iraq because they had weapons of mass destruction (they didn't: check), to take down Sadam (mission accomplished: check) and establish democratic self-rule in Iraq (check). Didn't we already do what we were supposed to do?

Obama constantly mentioned that he was RIGHT about not going in the first place. over and over and over.While I do not support Obama--I think he did a good job debating...and that it was pretty much a tie. No one is gonna change their vote based on this debate.