First debate

KD in CA

I heard comments from someone that McCain uses his hands like his is lecturing and Obama stands erect and looks presidential.

Another person was going to vote for McCain because he thought Palin is hot.

God help us, this country is full of morons :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, Drudge has McCain winning 68% to 30%. It just depends on whose spin you're going to believe.

Drudge is a political hack and makes Oxy boy look bi-partisan. In fact Oxy boy gets most of his material from Drudge and then it comes out in Repig talking points. We used to track it to know which way the Repigs @#$# were going to fly that day.

I heard comments from someone that McCain uses his hands like his is lecturing and Obama stands erect and looks presidential.

Another person was going to vote for McCain because he thought Palin is hot.

God help us, this country is full of morons :lol:

Can't argue that point... Wonder how many women think McCain looks like their daddy or Obama looks cute and that is how they will decide who to vote for.

You can't be serious. Shrub NEVER admitted any shortcomings, mistakes, errors or otherwise. His choices came from a pool of Poppy's old boy buddies and GOP hangers-on.

Obama's choice of Biden illustrates my point. Biden has the foreign policy experience that Obama doesn't. If Obama was approaching this from a purely political standpoint he could have chosen someone who would appeal to blocks of voters...like the Wingnut from Wasilla does.

Biden. Biden. Joe Fricking Biden? REALLY?

Biden's a crackpot. Biden THINKS he's got foreign policy experience.

Biden. Biden. Joe Fricking Biden? REALLY?

Biden's a crackpot. Biden THINKS he's got foreign policy experience.

Come on. You may have issues with Biden but you have to admit has forgotten more about foreign policy than nearly any president over the past 50 years (sans Nixon) even knew coming into office. You can even argue Biden knows as much and possible more than McCain.

The first debate was a Grand Slam Home Run for McCain. Obama looked and sounded like a stumblin, mumblin idiot. After McCain would wait his turn quietly and started a rebuttle Obama couldn't help but continue to run his mouth trying to talk over McCain. John was a cool customer and just kept right on talking on track. Beautiful, got em right where we want em Way to go McCain/Palin. :lol:

Not surprised to come on here and read some of the delusional responses scoring that debate for McCain. He lost by any metric you choose to evaluate the debate with--demeanor, substance, and most importantly, polling of independents and undecided voters.

Foreign policy was supposed to be Obama's weak point, and not only did he hold his own, he never got rattled, showed he absolutely belonged in this race and came across far more "Presidential" than McCain did. McCain was antagonistic, dismissive, often lapsed into Grandpa Simpson tangents, refused to look at his opponent and not once scored a significant hit on Obama. Foreign policy is supposed to be this guy's bread and butter? Instead he meandered in and out of bizarre historical anecdotes, name-dropped, pandered to his base and sneered his way through 90 minutes. Can any independents and undecided voters really come away from that debate saying, "Yeah, that's the guy I want making foreign policy." The weekend polls say a resounding "No." He lost ground with undecided independents and women. Even white men scored the debate "even," which is disastrous for his campaign.

I expect the gimmicks to start coming fast and furious now. McCain's on the ropes and has already shown he's not above tossing dignity and conviction out the window in a win-at-all costs strategy. There's a story out of the UK Times Online suggesting the McCain/Palin ticket is hoping for a pre-election marriage between her six-month pregnant daughter and the baby's father.

“It would be fantastic,” said a McCain insider. “You would have every TV camera there. The entire country would be watching. It would shut down the race for a week.”

It's an odd thought, but save for a Bush/Rove 2000 campaign Black Ops push poll in South Carolina suggesting McCain fathered an illegitimate black child, John McCain could have been President eight years ago.

Ah, anyone who hasn't made up thir mind yet isn't going to learn much more from these debates unless they just haven't been paying attention. The deal is, as amazing as it sounds, a lot of folks won't pay much attention, not until the last week.

Once again, it is amazing the ability of the American public to ignore its politicians completely. That is probably a good thing in many respects.

Can't argue that point... Wonder how many women think McCain looks like their daddy or Obama looks cute and that is how they will decide who to vote for.

Why pick on women? What makes you think we're as shallow and ignorant as men? That would make us equal. Overall, we're actually better. Except for Sarah Palin...but that should surprise you as her attraction for men is that hers clang when she walks...or so they think.

I think McCain looks like something you'd find deep in a cave (away from the sunlight, sickly pasty and white, with a whiny voice, and Obama looks like a stockbroker. Fortunately I am not that shallow and voted for the cave creature in 2000, learned better and of course I know Obama COULD have been a rich Wall Street attorney, or anything else for that matter, but for some reason he decided to give a hand to the community who needed it - which is the American way. So this year HE gets my vote.

After watching the debates, what i got out of it was that Obama sounds exactly like The Rock. I would gladly pay a large sum of money to hear Obama finish up one of his points/counter points with an, "If ya smell...what Barack is cooking..."

After watching the debates, what i got out of it was that Obama sounds exactly like The Rock. I would gladly pay a large sum of money to hear Obama finish up one of his points/counter points with an, "If ya smell...what Barack is cooking..."

You mean like this?

Start at 22 sec.