First debate

KD in CA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They both sounds bad....McCain is slow and Obama clearly misses his teleprompter.

So far, Obama also seems to be talking up a lot of blame and fear; McCain's trying more to stick to a positive message. But McCain makes Al Gore look animated. Neither one of these guys is encouraging me to look forward to the next four years.

I'm watching on CNN...what the hell is this audience reaction graph? Is this possibly meaningful?

So far, Obama also seems to be talking up a lot of blame and fear; McCain's trying more to stick to a positive message. But McCain makes Al Gore look animated. Neither one of these guys is encouraging me to look forward to the next four years.

I'm watching on CNN...what the hell is this audience reaction graph? Is this possibly meaningful?

CNN gave a dial to a focus group. 1/3 republican, 1/3 democrat, and 1/3 independent and are tracking positive/negative reaction

And as a bonus, if you're watching in High Def, on the right and left of the screen you'll see the reaction of their resident talking heads :devil:

"I need to know completely worthless information NOW!!"

Real-time analysis to let me know what I should be thinking, and how evil I am if I'm not. :devil: If they're going to turn it into American Idol, I want a 900-number to vote these dummies off the stage for the next debate.

Real-time analysis to let me know what I should be thinking, and how evil I am if I'm not. :devil: If they're going to turn it into American Idol, I want a 900-number to vote these dummies off the stage for the next debate.

Not that I'm surprised, but both (esp Obama, by accident of the questions) have absolutely avoided giving answers to specific questions like "do you support the bill." Obama completely punted on what would he would cut out of your plans given the new economic realities - McCain started to answer, but is now veering into what he wanted to cut anyway...

Not that I'm surprised, but both (esp Obama, by accident of the questions) have absolutely avoided giving answers to specific questions like "do you support the bill." Obama completely punted on what would he would cut out of your plans given the new economic realities - McCain started to answer, but is now veering into what he wanted to cut anyway...

Not surprising, like you said. Why would any candidate come right out and say "I'm going to take you're money away."

Neither said anything on budgetary policy that changed my interpretation of either of them: McCain will cut taxes, keep spending roughly the same, and keep the deficit roughly the same. Obama will increase taxes, increase spending, and keep the deficit roughly the same.

And McCain has a MUCH better understanding of Southwest Asia than Obama.

That's good to know next time Cambodia or Laos invades the U.S. I'll sleep better tonight just knowing that.

"DUH"

AND omiGOD I JUST NOTED: WHERE THE !@#$ IS MCCAIN'S FLAG PIN? HOLY @#$@$@# Wow, what a MAVERICK.

hahahahahhahahahahahahhahah

That's good to know next time Cambodia or Laos invades the U.S. I'll sleep better tonight just knowing that.

"DUH"

AND omiGOD I JUST NOTED: WHERE THE !@#$ IS MCCAIN'S FLAG PIN? HOLY @#$@$@# Wow, what a MAVERICK.

hahahahahhahahahahahahhahah

SouthWEST.

McCain's understanding of foreign policy is nuanced and consistent. Obama's is juvenile and simplistic.

However, Obama sounds like a reasonable human being. McCain sounds like Wacka.

SouthWEST.

McCain's understanding of foreign policy is nuanced and consistent. Obama's is juvenile and simplistic.

However, Obama sounds like a reasonable human being. McCain sounds like Wacka.

Well there you go.

Seriously - when you interview someone for a job, do you honestly look for someone who has 100% of the knowledge, skills and experience you need? Yeah but do you SERIOUSLY think you'll find it? Of course not!

You look for someone with the intelligence, success in previous endeavors, desire to succeed and the ever-intangible "fit" that makes you comfortable he/she can do the job. I myself have passed on people who have a lot of what's needed on paper as the wrong fit for someone less "experienced". I myself received my first big break from, ironically, the best boss I ever had: a wingnut who believed that the job was a stretch but I had the potential. And that same guy gave me the highest rating ever because I learned fast, worked smart, and made him look good.

My perfect candidate? Might have been Ralph Nader - 25 years ago. But Obama and McCain are what we have today. Obama is crazy to want the job. But I think he's better equipped intellectually and tempermentally ... than Gramps and his dingbat sidekick.

And so is Nozzlenut's understanding of Geography outside the 57 states :devil:

Shoulda removed the contacts hours ago...however who could be blamed when we're talking about Mr. DID I EVER MENTION I WAS A POW IN SOUTHEAST ASIA is involved...just naturally made the assumption that DID I EVER TELL YOU I WAS A POW IN SOUTHEAST ASIA was referring to SOUTHEAST ASIA as opposed to SOUTHWEST ASIA.

Did you know McCain was A POW IN SOUTHEAST ASIA?

ahahahhahahaha

I like the graph more than the "debate."

McCain is punching harder but Obama is more likable (no surprise). On issues, McCain is making way too much sense on the economy. On the issue of cutting spending Obama only talked about what programs he would create and expand. Priceless. McCain at least was brave enough to give some examples.

On the issue of cutting spending Obama only talked about what programs he would create and expand. Priceless. McCain at least was brave enough to give some examples.

McCain had the best softball in the world right there and he watched the pitch go by. They asked Obama what he would cut and he rattled off 20 things he wanted to fund - such a huge opportunity to make a great line and he missed it.