RealFootball365 Article - Bills passing O

San-O

Decent take on the Bills passing O. There is still an issue with the run that I have also read in different places.

Why can't the Bills run the ball? I don't know. Any reasonable opinions?

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/12739

Because teams still defend our offense as if the field were only 7 yards long. I find it interesting that 3 of Marshawns 4 TD runs are from 10+ yards, when the defense has to respect every inch of field up to the back of the endzone (20-30 yards to cover). Otherwise, they're still stacking the box pretty aggressively.

I think that the difference is that they're daring Trent to beat them this year. Based on our offense last year, its a justified defense against our team. The problem with it is that Trent is proving that we can beat teams this year by throwing. I think that eventually, opposing defenses will need to back off, which will give our running game a chance to shine.

Last year, our only weapon was the run (and special teams), but this year its more balanced, so I think we'll see a shift on how teams will defend us. That will balance out our attack as well.

Not really complicated. Their O line doesn't run block well, whether there are 6, 7, 8, or 9 men in "the box."

That's what I'm thinking. Never seem to move the pile much. They are one of the largest lines on the league I believe, seem

quite good at pass blocking but can't run block?

Who's the weakest link. Fowler?

That's what I'm thinking. Never seem to move the pile much. They are one of the largest lines on the league I believe, seem

quite good at pass blocking but can't run block?

Who's the weakest link. Fowler?

It seems to be some of both (defense playing a very short field and O Line not getting push). Stretching the field, a bit, should help the O Line create a few more holes. Once the O Line starts making holes, they will get their rhythm, IMO.

Also, they run fairly well in spot situations (goal line, 3rd down), but not play-in and play-out. Running from the 3 wide (spread wide) should help, too.

Edit: A little up-tempo, occasional no huddle sequences would help, as well, IMO.

Not really complicated. Their O line doesn't run block well, whether there are 6, 7, 8, or 9 men in "the box."

That's not always the case. As good as TE has been, he would've exposed that by now since you have less cover guys in the secondary.

On Lynch's TD runs, only 2 were up the gut and the line was mauling it's way into the EZ collectively on the Raiders. Now that's impressive! On his other 2 TD, we were running sweeps, counters or draws and the line was moving laterally to open up huge holes. It's something that idiot Fairchild apparently never thought of. Last year, when you saw Royal in motion, you knew it was a run and our OC never adapted and we always got crushed in short yardage situations.