Obama blew it up

So every so often I like to listen in to either sides talk shows for about the 15 minutes I can stand listening them. Today I turned on the "one on loan from god " and he is rambling on about how Obama screwed the whole thing up.

That Obama was fed info from Goldman Sachs and treasury folks on the republican house plan and that Paulson is really an Obama spy. OK I am paraphrasing.

So everyone defers to Obama and he immediately starts attacking the conservatives plan and puts Paulson on point. The hollering and screaming occurs and McCain tries to settle everything down as McCain is known for his cooler heads mode of operation.

And now ya know the rest of the story.

You can post links.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/whostoblamefo...outdealsstumble

So what caused the breakdown of a $700 billion rescue package that at one point seemed to have been amended to everyone's liking - with limits on executive compensation, more protections for taxpayers and homeowners, and additional oversight of the buying and selling of Wall Street's toxic mortgage-backed securities? In the simplest terms, it was House Minority Leader John Boehner's surprising declaration at the White House meeting that his caucus does not support the deal and that alternatives should be considered. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has demanded that Boehner get at least half of his caucus - or 100 members - to vote for the legislation so that Democrats are not left passing this still very unpopular bill by themselves less than two months before the election. Boehner simply doesn't have the votes and nothing that President Bush, Vice President Cheney, Secretary Paulson or even Boehner has said has swayed the GOP's rank and file.

During Paulson's meeting Wednesday with the GOP caucus, dozens of members steadily streamed out of the meeting in outrage. Finally, with just 60 or so members left in the room, Paulson called for a show of support, according to Representative Tom Davis, a Virginia Republican. Only four people raised their hands. Eric Cantor, a Virginia Republican who has started pushing an alternative to the Paulson plan that would not require Washington to pony up so much money, said every member has been inundated with hundreds of calls from angry conservatives.

Democrats are having none of this tale of woe. As far as they're concerned the GOP's platform of deregulation is what caused this problem, and it's a GOP President - however unpopular - who is demanding this fix. They view Boehner's stance with deep suspicion. If enough Republicans did not support the bill, why, they ask, did Republican Senator Bob Bennett and Representative Spencer Bachus, the top Republican on the House Banking Committee, stand at the press conference on Thursday announcing the agreement and voice their support? Why wait until a meeting at the White House to throw out a raft of alternative solutions that the Administration had already rejected, and which would require a whole new round of talks to get done?