Unfair network practices in WNY

scribo

Well i live in the hudson valley.only like 2 or 3 times a year will tv show a game that is on opposite the jets or giants.i could see not putting the bills on when the jets are playing,but the giants are a nfc team.when they do put a game on opposite the giants or jets ,it is usually the patsies or colts............go bills!

Nope, the local Washington CBS affiliate here has told me before it is a league-enforced rule that they cannot show another football game, even a Ravens game, if the Redskins are on at the same time on another network. I had asked back when the Bills were playing the Ravens. Instead, the CBS channel showed infomercials the entire time, hardly a ratings draw.

The same goes for up in Baltimore. If the Ravens are playing, no other games, even Redskins games, can be shown on a Baltimore channel.

This has been the league rule for many years now: when the local team is playing at home, and the game is on local TV there, no other game can be shown against it, even on another network. This was set up to "protect" the home teams' market.

This has been the league rule for many years now: when the local team is playing at home, and the game is on local TV there, no other game can be shown against it, even on another network. This was set up to "protect" the home teams' market.

Thank you. I didn't know that. Of course, I do now.

Only you could reply to a thread already settled and still manage to pound out six paragraphs of dribble. You apparently didn't read the entire thread, even though all the posts combined are shorter than many of your single posts, or you would know I was admittedly uninformed when I made the original post that you attacked. If I had known the policy only applied to home games, I would have never started this thread. Speaking of a shut-in, that seems to me like the type who would write ridiculously long posts over and over and over again.

My apologies for continuing a thread which was exhausted (except for the numerous posts rehashing parts of the discussion and making the usual jokes of the community)!

I live in the Hampton Roads area and the only thing ever on is Redskins or Ravens, it sucks. Thats why Sunday Ticket is the way to go.

You get only two games, at the most, every week?