Sarah Palin

TPS

I enjoyed Sarah's greatest hits. However in this VP debate I can see both sides cringing each time her or joe open their mouths

The only worry about Joe is that when he opens his mouth it doesn't stop for days.

I think he once went 9 straight minutes on Russert and I'm not even sure there was a question.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only worry about Joe is that when he opens his mouth it doesn't stop for days.

I think he once went 9 straight minutes on Russert and I'm not even sure there was a question.

Two minute response format. He'll do fine. Apparently there's quite a bit of gametape on her from her debates in Alaska. All Biden has to do is smile, acknowledge her every once in a while (no directed responses in this debate, so he won't appear like he's bullying her) and bludgeon McCain's shoddy record.

It's not up to Biden to make Palin look like a fool. It will all depend on what types of questions Gwen Iffle asks, and whether she hammers Palin for talking in generalities. I really see two debates here. Biden vs. McCain's record, and Palin vs. herself. She has a pretty steep hill to climb, and broad, sweeping generalities and hokey local colloquialisms are not going to sway anyone at this point. She's already described herself as a pitbull, so she also can't go up there and expect people to give her a pass by doing her DC outsider/small town girl crap.

The more detailed the question, the worse she will do. If she can keep it generic using "such as", "like" or "in Alaska". She'll be fine. Just kidding.

Seriously though generic is the way for her.

Biden, just attack McCain, promote Obama and hope that draws her out a bit and off topic.