Washington Mutual goes under

RLflutie7

Here ia a question from a complete idiot when it comes from this stuff.....

I do my checking through Washington Mutual.......how does this affect me?

Minimal impact, as long as you have less than $100k in the account. Soon your checks will say JP Morgan Chase on them.

Stock and debt holders are wiped out . . . CNBC.

GOOD! I hate that bank. I never, ever had such absolutely lousy customer service at any other bank. I switched to Wachovia where they treat you as though they are actually GLAD to have you as a customer. Didn't matter which WaMu I went to or where.....same horrible treatment. Good riddance to WaMu and I hope their crabby, obnoxious, indifferent, customer-hating employees all get sacked.

GOOD! I hate that bank. I never, ever had such absolutely lousy customer service at any other bank. I switched to Wachovia where they treat you as though they are actually GLAD to have you as a customer. Didn't matter which WaMu I went to or where.....same horrible treatment. Good riddance to WaMu and I hope their crabby, obnoxious, indifferent, customer-hating employees all get sacked.

:devil::lol:

That is why I am in the dam business... Dam it up! You don't like it? Take a hike and portage around.

How's that for crabby...? :lol::lol:

I knew they were SOL about 3 weeks ago when the snuck a $1,000 minimum / 12 month / 5% CD onto the web. The closest competitive rate was a hair under 4%. It's FDIC insured so I dumped some cash in, what the heck. Of course I'll pay 10x what I earn in taxes over the years to cover the bailout.