Title IX equality

stuckincincy

When I win the Mega Millions, I shall sue any university or college that has a Women's Health Center and no Men's Health Center. Title IX is about equal services for all.

The mortality of men is less than that of women. Therefore, men need more advice and help.

I'll fix the college wagons, so that they can no longer discriminate against men and pour an unequal amount of their cash to service the needs of co-eds while ignoring men.

Whatcha think?

:ph34r:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_IX

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but if you aren't, Title IX is for equality as a WHOLE for a university. Its not really, "you have a men's tennis team so now you have to have a women's tennis team" it counts everything as a whole. So, having a Women's Health Center probably balances out the difference between men and women's programs at that specific university, keeping them from having to either add more women's teams, or cutting men's teams. You can meet the requirements of Title IX by having one of three criteria.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but if you aren't, Title IX is for equality as a WHOLE for a university. Its not really, "you have a men's tennis team so now you have to have a women's tennis team" it counts everything as a whole. So, having a Women's Health Center probably balances out the difference between men and women's programs at that specific university, keeping them from having to either add more women's teams, or cutting men's teams. You can meet the requirements of Title IX by having one of three criteria.

To take this further, from my understanding the measure is based upon scolarships...

To take this further, from my understanding the measure is based upon scolarships...

Not necessarily. Its based upon a number of factors, scholarships a part of it, such as the percentage of the makeup of the school (women vs. men) in relation to sports teams, money allocated to all programs (women vs. men), I could really go into a lot of things, but you get the idea...

When I win the Mega Millions, I shall sue any university or college that has a Women's Health Center and no Men's Health Center. Title IX is about equal services for all.

The mortality of men is less than that of women. Therefore, men need more advice and help.

I'll fix the college wagons, so that they can no longer discriminate against men and pour an unequal amount of their cash to service the needs of co-eds while ignoring men.

Whatcha think?

;)

You know Sarah Palin was quoted last week saying:

"I am a product of Title IX."

Strange... See never gave a big thanks to Teddy Kennedy though.

:lol:

Whatcha think?

:lol:

Just install some free condom dispensers and that will take care of a majority of the college men's health issues. And maybe some free laundry services so they don't wear dirty underwear and sleep on dirty sheets.

Yeah right...Then I'll sue Michigan, Notre Dame and Southern Cal to establish a woman's football team. There are three groups in intercollegiate athletics-men's athletics/women's athletics and football.

Actually, having a women's football team would help curb the negative effects of Title IX tremendously!

Because there are so many male athletes on a football team, and because the sport garners and requires so much of a college's money, entire mens sports teams get the axe in order to support all the coaches, players, trainers, etc that having a football team requires.

In other words one football team = 3 additional women's teams = 2 less men's teams. A glaring example of this is mens v womens water polo. The number of east coast/midwest schools with women's water polo FAR out numbers the schools with varsity men's programs simply because football alone tips the scales of the 1 for 1 policies associated with Title IX.

Honestly, I think it's a BS law because of factors like this since it comes at the expense of male athletes. (not to mention very very very few people outside of the teams and the players' parents give a flying rats ass about women's sports)

Actually, having a women's football team would help curb the negative effects of Title IX tremendously!

Because there are so many male athletes on a football team, and because the sport garners and requires so much of a college's money, entire mens sports teams get the axe in order to support all the coaches, players, trainers, etc that having a football team requires.

In other words one football team = 3 additional women's teams = 2 less men's teams. A glaring example of this is mens v womens water polo. The number of east coast/midwest schools with women's water polo FAR out numbers the schools with varsity men's programs simply because football alone tips the scales of the 1 for 1 policies associated with Title IX.

Honestly, I think it's a BS law because of factors like this since it comes at the expense of male athletes. (not to mention very very very few people outside of the teams and the players' parents give a flying rats ass about women's sports)

To the whole post, not necessarily needed. What a college can do is encourage more male applicants to apply to the college. So, at this point the college will have to accept more boys into the school. From here, this will alter the Title IX numbers by allowing the college to give more scholarships to male athletes. Therefore, a college could find a way to advertise in a way that would target high school boys (i.e. promoting majors such as video game design or another male predominant major). In turn, the male applicants would line up and stack the deck in favor of the male athletics programs.

Hey... I am all for Title IX... You can see it is paying society back in dividends!

:devil::lol:

No s#it.

But, you have to feel for angry Straight White Christian Men. For over 150 years they never had to so much as think about being treated unfairly, due to their race, sex, beliefs or sexual preference. Now, even the possibility of bias, that may not be in their favor, is anathema to them. The system is SO unfair to them.