Don't mess with those TX high school football games

Lurker

I wouldn't allow this so-called assistant principal the luxury of being simply guilty of poor judgment.

His level of analysis of a spontaneous situation arising from the actions of silly kids is inferior to the instincts of a juvenile cockroach.

Wow... So adament of you! I would of thought you would have taken the other position?

Just saying... If those students would have opened fire on someone, something... Who would you have blamed? I know this is a reach situation... It was just a joke. But, we are living in the days of Columbine and others.

Again... I playinng devil's advocate.

How do you assume they are "silly kids?"

Wow... So adament of you! I would of thought you would have taken the other position?

Just saying... If those students would have opened fire on someone, something... Who would you have blamed? I know this is a reach situation... It was just a joke. But, we are living in the days of Columbine and others.

Again... I playinng devil's advocate.

How do you assume they are "silly kids?"

condescendingly

I reliably assume that 99.9% percent of kids running around in ape costumes are being silly. If I didn't, I'd be a candidate for the gas pipe...

t

I reliably assume that 99.9% percent of kids running around in ape costumes are being silly. If I didn't, I'd be a candidate for the gas pipe...

I agree. What do you think should have been their punishment? I know back in the day, they probably would have been cleaning up the stands or the gym... Maybe a day suspension.

What do you think floats nowadays outside of a 16 hour scare int he sh*tter?

You do agree that there should have been some action? What's the assistant to do? Run out and say: "Get off." ? Assistants are known for being the hardasses. His hands had to be pretty much tied in either letting them go in front of all those people or appearing to have some sort of control.

Again... Just saying.

If you guys think this punishment was over the top, wait til you get a load of this....some Middletown, CT high school kids got suspended for having a breakfast cookout on school grounds before classes started.

"We didn't have beer, we didn't have weed, we had bacon."
:ph34r:

http://www.middletownpress.com/site/news.c...65530&rfi=6

I agree. What do you think should have been their punishment? I know back in the day, they probably would have been cleaning up the stands or the gym... Maybe a day suspension.

What do you think floats nowadays outside of a 16 hour scare int he sh*tter?

You do agree that there should have been some action? What's the assistant to do? Run out and say: "Get off." ? Assistants are known for being the hardasses. His hands had to be pretty much tied in either letting them go in front of all those people or appearing to have some sort of control.

Again... Just saying.

40 years ago - the female principal would put them over her knee and spank them in the hall. The mortification would guarantee that they would never do it again, and the rest of the school children would be slack-jawed and would never ever think of doing the same and suffering the embarrassment.

Getting paddled by a Grandma would work today - in an era where image and conformity means so much than in years past, the very idea of such would halt a lot of crap. Of course now, that grandma goes to jail, get branded a sex offender and has to move somewhere in the hinterland and has to report her whereabouts.

Today - public schools aren't allowed to show the young valuable lessons about behavior, and how one should act in a civil society anymore. Liberals decreed that that such teaching was oppressive, a long time ago, and put forth laws to insure same. See the deportment that take place at an NFL game these days to see the results - even ones older who were taught better, sometimes go with the popular flow - the usual justifications for ruining temperate folk's enjoyment is that "I paid for my ticket, I'm a fan, you're not a *&$#! fan, it's MY *&%%!!@# right!!!, &*#$% You, I'm here, whatta you gonna do about it?" and so on. :ph34r:

Time was, one's behavior in public got transmitted back to one's employer. Be a pain in the butt to general society - you got canned. So a certain percentage prone to mayhem acted decently because they liked to eat more than they liked to hurt others. No more.

Time was, you could ask about a prospective employee's performance, his behavior among others. No more - just did he work there. Tough luck if the chap is a psycho boiling over - the Libs said such fact was discriminatory. See all those workplace shoot-ups the past 20 years or so.

Time was, a fellow charged with a criminal crime had his prior record placed before a jury. If he had a rap sheet a mile long, say rapes, beatings, tossing gasoline on puppies, and so on - it was offered to the jury for their consideration. Libs changed that. Lots of jurists have been surprised that they have acquitted monsters.

I think the jerk's egregious action precludes any consequences to these kids, aided by the threat of suit. There is no public school system in the land that doesn't hold money for themselves far above what's the right thing to guide kids towards adulthood.

I'm reminded of this thing in the news a few weeks ago - a "100 Esteemed College Presidents" advocate a reduction in the drinking age - the same pap..."they can vote, they can join the military and so forth". I saw through their con the day they uttered it.

They didn't give a flying crap about any glittering ideals - a reduction in the legal drinking age to 18 means that their cash crop - their students - are free, legal agents, and their hallowed Halls of Education would no longer be subject to civil or possible criminal suit when an under- 21 year old tyke under their aegis suffered ill consequence to themselves or others.

Pure craven, bottom-line behavior...

Of course the vice principal's an idiot...but the one thing you're all forgetting is if Mr. Gorilla or Mr. Banana trips on school grounds during their stunt and gets a boo-boo, the parents will sue the school for negligence in letting their precious little flowers act up and hurt themselves.

If you're going to put people in the position of being liable for everything, don't be surprised when those same people overreact to the slightest provocations.

Of course the vice principal's an idiot...but the one thing you're all forgetting is if Mr. Gorilla or Mr. Banana trips on school grounds during their stunt and gets a boo-boo, the parents will sue the school for negligence in letting their precious little flowers act up and hurt themselves.

If you're going to put people in the position of being liable for everything, don't be surprised when those same people overreact to the slightest provocations.

Good (sad) points, Tom...

The line from the long dead Walt Kelly Pogo comic strip - "We have met the enemy, and he is us"...

I listened to the gorilla this morning. A local radio station talked to him for quite a while. Both kids will be attending an 'alternative school' before they are once again turned loose in their old HS.

On the plus side the gorilla said that girls who he barely knew are now veddy interested in him.

Playing :lol: 's advocate here. So, if they run onto the field at Texas Stadium, the Cowboys shouldn't press the issue?

Sure... Not the same. Doen't it send mix messages to the youngsters in our society... It is just a prank?

As I already stated, there's a no-trespassing rule printed on the back of every NFL ticket I've ever seen.

If you can produce the same from this game, or other proof that the consequences of this action were well-publicized ahead of time, I'll agree with you.

What would have happened if someone did this at a NFL game?

For the Bills, it's a trip to jail until you can come up with the $1500 fine.

If you guys think this punishment was over the top, wait til you get a load of this....some Middletown, CT high school kids got suspended for having a breakfast cookout on school grounds before classes started.

:lol:

"Just say no to bacon"

:lol:

At least they weren't arrested.

I think that is the point I was also trying to get at. I agree with Cincy... But, the principal has to work within the parameters of how things work today. They are literally caught between a rock and a hard place.

Betcha these are the same type of teens that would jump over and fence around a rollercoaster. Maybe spending 16 hours in the clink will get them thinking about ever jumping a fence again.

God... I love playing :lol: 's advocate!

;):lol:

What's the big deal?... They did a little time... God forbid their self-esteem gets wrecked!