McCain suspending his campaign

PastaJoe

Nope. The main requirement of being president is being able to look like you're in control of something you have no control over.

McCain has a slight advangate in this regard, with his experience as a combat pilot. But overall, both candidates have this quality in spades.

Crashed two jets and shot down in a third, not a great analogy picture for crisis leadership with the economy going down in flames.

He does have that fancy McCain | Palin Country First jet. 0:)

The debate is at 9pm. I don't know how long it takes to get from Washington to Mississippi (no jokes about 100 years time difference), but let's be generous and give him 5 hours. So he boards McPain One at 5pm eastern time, does the debate for 2 hours, then flys back (another 5 hours), he'll be back in Washington by 4am. Now what earth-shattering decisions will be made between 5pm Friday and 4am Saturday that requires he be there? The guy invented the Blackberry, isn't this a perfect time for him to make use of his own technology when away from Washington? How many times have we been told by some here that the president doesn't have to be in Washington to be on the job.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He says he's going to Washington to work on the economic crisis. He previously said he didn't know much about economics, and now they can't figure it out without him? This sounds like another hail mary publicity stunt.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26872907/

I'm not going through 5 pages of posts, Joe - but surely you know the context of that statement has been parsed in "mean-spirited" fashion...he was simply being deprecating.

It's fun looking at this thread, watching the talking points from the Democrats repeated by the hardcore left people here, and the message McCain wanted to get to his backers being repeated by people that lean to the right.

I love the non-partisan people posting that are above the frey looking down their noses at those that have taken sides

0:)

Ron Paul where are you?

It's fun looking at this thread, watching the talking points from the Democrats repeated by the hardcore left people here, and the message McCain wanted to get to his backers being repeated by people that lean to the right.

Thanks! 0:)

I knew your were lurking/stalking... I didn't want to disappoint! Glad to oblige!

:lol:

Really, IMO... It comes down to one's personality... If it was a Dem pulling this school girl crap, I would be equally annoyed. Seems the Repubs do have a flare for the Patriotically Correct drama.

Both sides suck, which is the greatest frustration of all....

Hearding cats isn't easy and trying to makes anyone that does it look stupid. Still, I think Obama can get something positive accomplished if simply because he is competent and nothing else. McCain seemed like an improvement over Bush till he picked Palin, after that I was scared of him winning.

LOL, This would be fun, via Salon.com's warroom:

Well, at the very least you have to give the campaign of Libertarian presidential candidate Bob Barr some points for effort. It's almost certain to come to naught, but Barr's campaign has taken advantage of John McCain's suspension of his campaign and asked that Barr get McCain's spot at the presidential debate scheduled for Friday.

"For the past several elections, candidates have used the [Commission on Presidential Debates, the organization responsible for organizing debates] as an official buffer to keep competition out of the two-party presidential contest," Barr said in a statement. "McCain publicly proved with his announcement what we've been saying all along: The candidates call the shots as to when to debate, where to debate and who to debate. Given Senator McCain's political stunt to avoid the debate, I ask that Friday's debate moves forward without him, as I am more than willing to step in to participate."

Barr's campaign manager has sent letters to the CPD and to Barack Obama's campaign asking that the former congressman be allowed to debate.