McCain suspending his campaign

PastaJoe

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea, let the VP candidates debate on Friday. Imagine the reaction from Palin when she hears, "Governor, I know you were planning on cramming this weekend for your upcoming debate, but it's been moved up so you're going to have to wing it on Friday. When they ask you about the Czechs, don't say you prefer credit cards."

Here's an idea, let the VP candidates debate on Friday. Imagine the reaction from Palin when she hears, "Governor, I know you were planning on cramming this weekend for your upcoming debate, but it's been moved up so you're going to have to wing it on Friday. When they ask you about the Czechs, don't say you prefer credit cards."

And Joe Biden can talk about Indians working in 7-11 when Pakistan comes up.

Shouldn't one of the requirements of being president be the ability to multitask problems?

So you are saying they should run a campaign AND try to fix our economy from collapsing? I don't know about your days, but there aren't 40 hours in mine.

So you are saying they should run a campaign AND try to fix our economy from collapsing? I don't know about your days, but there aren't 40 hours in mine.

Nobody said being president was easy if done properly. If they're not up to the job, then they shouldn't be running. And I don't expect a president to fix the economy by themself, but look at the economic advisors they surround themself with to assist them.

Nobody said being president was easy if done properly. If they're not up to the job, then they shouldn't be running. And I don't expect a president to fix the economy by themself, but look at the economic advisors they surround themself with to assist them.

just like running a campaign isnt aone man show. Folks fail to realize that washington staffers are involved in many activities and discussions as advisors to the congressman

You are making no sense... are you really advocating the candidates perform two full time jobs? I think the economic fate of this country is a little more important than a week of campaigning. It's obvious that a great depression should be their sole concern at this time.

Heres another problem for Obama to deal with

But has Obama ever denied that he got contributions from the GSE employees? IIRC, McCain has vehemently insisted that his staff hasn't had ties with Fredie or Fannie, even as recently as yesterday.

"Since his campaign for the Senate, in 2004, Mr. Obama has received about $126,000 in contributions from employees of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, while Mr. McCain has received about $22,000 over the last decade, according to the Center for Responsive Politics."

Why don't you ask Joe "I wouldn't have let that air if I was in charge" Biden?

God, you people are !@#$ing stupid.

But has Obama ever denied that he got contributions from the GSE employees? IIRC, McCain has vehemently insisted that his staff hasn't had ties with Fredie or Fannie, even as recently as yesterday.

"Since his campaign for the Senate, in 2004, Mr. Obama has received about $126,000 in contributions from employees of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, while Mr. McCain has received about $22,000 over the last decade, according to the Center for Responsive Politics."

The McCain campaign completely owns the NY Times here

You are making no sense... are you really advocating the candidates perform two full time jobs? I think the economic fate of this country is a little more important than a week of campaigning. It's obvious that a great depression should be their sole concern at this time.

You're the one not making any sense. Do you really think that McCain and/or Obama can swoop in and fix the financial crisis between Friday and next Monday? Come on, man. Get real.

What is postponing the debates REALLY going to solve?

Explain to me how adopting a "politics-free zone" (AKA pulling TV ads for 72 hrs) will do ANYTHING to help resolve this problem?

McCain is trying to play Superman on this one and just like his diasterous Palin pick, it's an incredibly transparent ploy. Shoot, I'm only 24, this is only the second time I can vote for the President, I've only been following politics since the 2004 election and even I can see that!

For the record, I don't think either candidate is the "right pick" for our country, and I'm even considering a write-in for a non-major party candidate, so don't label me a mindless liberal Obama drone for the sake of dodging the actual argument at play!

“It’s going to be part of the president’s job to be able to deal with more than one thing at once.”

Hey Barrack...you can have a debate and save the economy at the same time, but you can't take the time to teach Biden how to stop all the embarrassing drivel that comes out of his mouth? Really? You can't even control your right-hand guy? And you want to fix the economy??? :rolleyes:<_<

“In my mind, it’s more important than ever that we present ourselves to the American people and describe where we want to take the country and where we want to take the economy,” Obama said.

Hey Barrack...do you really think you'll be able to hide your lack of foreign policy experience by taking the debate that is to be about foreign policy and making it about the economy?

What a !@#$ing joke this guy is. He has all the leadership skills of Elmer Fudd.

The McCain campaign completely owns the NY Times here

Yeah, let's deflect the truth by bashing the messenger. The fact that McCain's campaign manager was getting $15K per month up until last month still stands, whether it was revealed by the Times, the DNC or the Little Sisters of Chairity.

Does he own the Post, too? How about Roll Call?

(AD - I'm on board with the 'none of the above' vote as well. I wonder if we could dig up Pat Paulson and get his name on the ballot...)