I'll have a scoop of Itty Bitty Titty

/dev/null

Actually, it's one of the few things that PETA advocates that makes sense.

Unfortunately, I suspect that it in no way is even remotely feasible.

I can only imagine the INCREDIBLE quantity of milk B&J needs to produce all that ice cream.

Even if they managed to get the surplus from EVERY lactating woman in the US, I doubt it'd be sufficient.

Retail, milk is what $3/gal? I can't imagine the "raw" cost of milk could be more than $1/gal.

Never been around a lactating woman enough to know their output, but what can they produce, maybe an extra gallon or 2 per week? Ladies, would you sell all your surplus milk for a few bucks? Can't imagine it's worth the effort & discomfort.

Actually, it's one of the few things that PETA advocates that makes sense.

Unfortunately, I suspect that it in no way is even remotely feasible.

I can only imagine the INCREDIBLE quantity of milk B&J needs to produce all that ice cream.

Even if they managed to get the surplus from EVERY lactating woman in the US, I doubt it'd be sufficient.

Retail, milk is what $3/gal? I can't imagine the "raw" cost of milk could be more than $1/gal.

Never been around a lactating woman enough to know their output, but what can they produce, maybe an extra gallon or 2 per week? Ladies, would you sell all your surplus milk for a few bucks? Can't imagine it's worth the effort & discomfort.

According to breastmilk.com, there are seven breast milk banks in the US and Canada, and one in Denver charges $2.50/ounce when it is shipped. So, since the average gallon of ice cream requires 1.41 gallons of milk, it would cost Ben and Jerry's over $450 to buy the breast milk required to make a gallon of ice cream.

Way to think it through, PETA.

Does milking a cow cause it to suffer? I would think it would be relief for the cow. Cows certainly don't seem to display much resistance to the milking.

On the very rare occasion, PETA has a point I agree with. Usually, however, they are espousing bizarre stuff like this, and that makes them the butt of jokes. They come of ass laughably silly, because...well, they are much of the time.

According to breastmilk.com, there are seven breast milk banks in the US and Canada, and one in Denver charges $2.50/ounce when it is shipped. So, since the average gallon of ice cream requires 1.41 gallons of milk, it would cost Ben and Jerry's over $450 to buy the breast milk required to make a gallon of ice cream.

Way to think it through, PETA.

I agree PETA is whacked... But, ahhh... don't you think that is their point? Those wackos want to do away with anything animal related. They want to see you consume ZERO from an animal. They are just being over the top. But, you knew that?

:ph34r:

I agree PETA is whacked... But, ahhh... don't you think that is their point? Those wackos want to do away with anything animal related. They want to see you consume ZERO from an animal. They are just being over the top. But, you knew that?

:ph34r:

I wonder how many of these PETA people wear leather belts/shoes, or have leather seats in their cars and homes.

Does milking a cow cause it to suffer? I would think it would be relief for the cow. Cows certainly don't seem to display much resistance to the milking.

On the very rare occasion, PETA has a point I agree with. Usually, however, they are espousing bizarre stuff like this, and that makes them the butt of jokes. They come of ass laughably silly, because...well, they are much of the time.

You are right! Took the kidlets to one of those "Big Dairy" farms nearby in Indiana... The cows actually like it. On the milking carousel the ladies all file in line and wait anxiously... One cow refused to unload when the carousel made the whole rotation... She snuck in behind another cow... And MAN! did it really throw off the cow behind her... She was specifically following the other cow.

We then went to the birthing barn (always a calf being born)... I think of our trip to Fair Oaks farms... It surely would have sent a PETA member into a major coronary!

:ph34r::lol:

OH

MY

GOD!!!!!

They might have well said:

"Dear Ben and Jerry's, please flush your business down the crapper so the poor grass eaters can keep all the milk they produce"...

When I saw the title I had to look at the URL to make sure it wasn't an Onion article!! :ph34r:

Is it just me or does this make others sick to their stomachs? :lol: I would never buy a product or go to a restaurant that used mothers milk in the recipe. I reiterate. :oops:

animals have their place.

right next to the mashed potatos

:lol:

Poor quality but still funny, from

Not the milking scene but funny!