Rams scrambling

d_wag

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3606190

In their second major move in two days, the St. Louis Rams released starting cornerback Fakhir Brown and signed former Saints cornerback Jason Craft as a roster replacement.

NFC West blog

ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

On Tuesday, the Rams, under pressure because of an 0-3 start, benched starting quarterback Marc Bulger and replaced him with Trent Green. Coach Scott Linehan was expected to address the moves Wednesday at a news conference.

The 31-year-old Brown was considered the team's best coverage option and made 27 starts the past three seasons since going to the Rams from the Saints. His release comes only a week after the benching of another Rams starting cornerback, Tye Hill.

The Rams rank 30th in pass defense, giving up an average of 272.3 yards per game. As a team, the Rams are giving up 38.7 points a game. They face the AFC East-leading Buffalo Bills this weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------

this all smells of a coach trying desperately to save his job

d wag, I just have to say that your signature makes me laugh. As the Bills were driving toward Parrish's TD catch, I thought about this place, and how rabid the game thread must have been right about then ...

d wag, I just have to say that your signature makes me laugh. As the Bills were driving toward Parrish's TD catch, I thought about this place, and how rabid the game thread must have been right about then ...

No doubt. Wow, I am surprised that those folks can bear to show thier "faces" around here after that nonsense...

happy to be of service! might have to make it a weekly recap of the gamethread dramatics!

Seriously, This has to be the game where the offense wins the game and lets the defense get its rest. I mean pound the football, get the ball downfield to Evans and win by 21 plus points. The last 300 yard game by a QB was when Losman played against the Texans right?

To Edwards credit his stats have been pretty good but just a little short of 300 yrds this past game......

I would take 250 something no ints 2-3 TD's from him any day of the week.....