HBO..when will we have another great series??

Tcali

Sopranos,,6 Feet Under, Deadwood......all tremendous shows in their own different ways. Where is anything decent now???

Wish they woulda continued Deadwood...that had a lot of life left in it.... And John from Cincinnati--great setting excellent actors--but an unbelievable(literally) premise . The actual John in that series made absolutely no sense.Too bad on that one--such interesting characters.

Sopranos,,6 Feet Under, Deadwood......all tremendous shows in their own different ways. Where is anything decent now???

Wish they woulda continued Deadwood...that had a lot of life left in it.... And John from Cincinnati--great setting excellent actors--but an unbelievable(literally) premise . The actual John in that series made absolutely no sense.Too bad on that one--such interesting characters.

Add Rome to that list

they still have good shows, Big Love, Entourage, Curb and Flight of the Conchords, Its to early to put True blood in that category, they have great mini series like Generation Kill and John Adams, im sure they will get more and better shows.

I really liked JFC. You know that the premise was "What if God came and lived amongst us?", right? There's lots and lots of people betting that He will (again). They base their lives on it. That's what motivated Milch to write the story. I wish it could have continued. A good friend of mine looks a lot like Chandra West. :nana:

Not going to include the Wire in that?

The next great series if they have the money/courage to film it properly is George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. They've bought the television rights to the series. If done properly this could be right up there with the best series that HBO has done. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/A-Game-of...53573404/?itm=1 If you're interested in checking out the first book in the series.

I really liked JFC. You know that the premise was "What if God came and lived amongst us?", right? There's lots and lots of people betting that He will (again). They base their lives on it. That's what motivated Milch to write the story. I wish it could have continued. A good friend of mine looks a lot like Chandra West. :lol:

I thought JFC was excellent.

I really liked JFC. You know that the premise was "What if God came and lived amongst us?", right? There's lots and lots of people betting that He will (again). They base their lives on it. That's what motivated Milch to write the story. I wish it could have continued. A good friend of mine looks a lot like Chandra West. :rolleyes:

Yu know I agree with you about JFC...it coulda been amzing...-but they blew it with the JOHN character...--too spacey. JOHN needed to make more sense.But what a great setting...that sorta rundown socal beachtown.

Add Rome to that list

they still have good shows, Big Love, Entourage, Curb and Flight of the Conchords, Its to early to put True blood in that category, they have great mini series like Generation Kill and John Adams, im sure they will get more and better shows.

Yeah those are good shows...--but I guess I just liked the style of the Sopranos,Deadwood...

Entourage surprised me--the last episode was pretty good.Liked when the bday cake was puked on..

The thing with HBO is that everyone wants to work with them because they give total creative license to the writers/producers on their series and allow pretty unlimited budgets.

That's rare and very cool ... but it also bites them sometimes when shows like JFC go off the reservation (and True Blood is heading down that path too). But I'll take a couple stinkers here and there when their hands off approach nets such gems as Sopranos, Curb, Deadwood, Entourage, Rome, Generation Kill, Band of Brothers, the Wire etc etc etc.