Hypothetically (and objectively)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

would you start him this week against the Bills? With Trent Green in at QB will they be trying harder to get the run going? Or do you think Buffalo gets way ahead and they abandon the run?

I tend to look at the rush production of the team vs the run defense they're going up against.

With the bills currently sitting at 12th in the league in run defense allowing 3.6 ypc and 93.7ypg with a long run of only 24 yards allowed. The only run over 20 yards allowed. The rams being 32nd in the league running for 3.1ypc 56.3ypg, and 0 tds, and 0 runs over 20 yards. I'd look for a better matchup this week. If you don't have it Go with Jackson. I have sort of a similar quandry. Whether to start Matt forte vs the eagles, chris johnson vs Minn or Ryan grant vs tampa. I have Lynch vs stl, but I need that #2 spot. I'm leaning towards Grant slightly right now. Forte has been good fantasy wise though. So I'll see on that.

would you start him this week against the Bills? With Trent Green in at QB will they be trying harder to get the run going? Or do you think Buffalo gets way ahead and they abandon the run?

I always play my best players. That being said I cleared my bench this week and I'm starting Trent and Lee for the first time this year because they are playing the Rams. Plus Big Ben has sucked for me. You should play him unless you have better options. I think you can get to caught up in matchups and screw yourself. Unless your playing the Rams.

Start him if you want -- I probably will, because Brandon Jacobs is off this week -- but don't expect much production.

Julius Jones - 45 rush, 17 rec

Maurice Morris - 31 rush

Maurice Jones-Drew - 17 rush, 25 rec, 2-yd TD run

Fred Taylor - 49 rush, 5 rec

Darren McFadden - 42 rush, 6 rec

Michael Bush - 55 rush, 5 rec

Depends, of course, on who else I have. Jackson has been a major dissapointment so far, so I would already be looking at other week-to-week options. There are plenty of guys in my league who were availabel recently, so I picked up Denver's Pittmen. He is getting into the endzone a lot and wasn't drafted, so he'd be starting over Jackson this week. I have Lynch so he'll be my other RB, obviously.

The Rams aren't starting Green to improve the run game. He's been around a long time because he's smart and accurate. They know what they're up against trying to run on the Bills front seven- stud back or not. They bye after us then play the @'Skins, 'Boys and @Pats* in succession. This likely represents their best chance at victory until November. They'll be slinging it all over the turf, all game long.

Bench him.