Dexter

K-Gun10

I like them both. Just picked up Showtime in time for Dexter season 3. I saw season 1 on CBS & 2 on DVD. Californication is pretty good too, but is a totally different style than Dexter. I was home sick last Wednesday & watched 7 episodes on Showtime On Demand in the afternoon. It's not for anyone who gets offended by sexual situations on tv, but you can guess that from the title. They had some really good subplots involving various family & career situations. I also like the fact that Showtime has Inside The NFL. When I called up my cable company & was told it was only $8.30 more a month to add to my existing cable package, I was sold on it.

I love both shows. The second season of Dexter was sublime. I could have lived with a little less of the Lyla character, but Dex took care of that.

Californication is not for everyone...but I don't say that for the sexual content. It is a smart, very well written, very literary show...Duchovney is excellent, and the dialouge is almost as good as it gets, for tv. My only complaint, is that both of these shows start during football season.

It's been said here many times, but Showtime rocks! Weeds just ended another entertaining season. Californication is a well written show, the one liners are amazing. Dexter is just edge of your seat entertaining, one of my favorite shows of all time. And the Tutors, which I believe starts back up in January, is a great show as well. I am really looking forward to Dexter this Sunday though. I saw a little teaser and it looks great, for those that didn't see the teaser

Dexter kills an innocent man he thought was someone else and deals with the grief, or lack there of, of killing an innocent man?)

. Not too much information, but didn't want to give anything away to those who like to be surprised.

It's been said here many times, but Showtime rocks! Weeds just ended another entertaining season. Californication is a well written show, the one liners are amazing. Dexter is just edge of your seat entertaining, one of my favorite shows of all time. And the Tutors, which I believe starts back up in January, is a great show as well. I am really looking forward to Dexter this Sunday though. I saw a little teaser and it looks great, for those that didn't see the teaser

Dexter kills an innocent man he thought was someone else and deals with the grief, or lack there of, of killing an innocent man?)

. Not too much information, but didn't want to give anything away to those who like to be surprised.

That /spoiler feature makes a post look like an old document from one of those UFO shows on History Channel

i gotta rent the first 2 seasons of dexter. Heard it is great.

An honest question for the Dexter fans.... If I haven't seen the 1st two seasons would I be able to jump right into the 3rd season and start enjoying it, or would I be missing too much?

Thanks.

An honest question for the Dexter fans.... If I haven't seen the 1st two seasons would I be able to jump right into the 3rd season and start enjoying it, or would I be missing too much?

Thanks.

Missing too much. Rent/buy the DVD's. :lol:

Thanks.

I agree, you need seasons 1 & 2.

Last year I watched an episode in a motel after I bailed out in Canandaigua instead of going all the way home after the Miami game and it was watchable, but I really didn't know why some things were as they were until I saw the show sequentially.