Aaron Schobel's disappearing act yesterday

Simon

Let's face it folks the D-line should've absolutely destroyed the Raiders and we should've routed them. You can't blame one player. They nearly got 100 yards rushing and the Faders shouldn't have come close to that #. Our O-line was manhandled for 3 quarters and this shouldn't have happened either. Again we have no running game to speak of.

The Faders are a lot worse than you can actually imagine.

Huh. I'd say just the opposite. The Raiders played hard and showed a lot more grit than Oakland teams over the past two years. MCF and Bush are a good 1-2 tandum. Once they start to get competent QB play and add another WR, they have the potential to be a surprise team as well.

Some people equate a good DE by how many sacks he has/had. Which is true, but a real great has his impact felt even when he doesn't get on the stat sheet. Also, people expected him to pile up the sacks with Stroud down there with him.

Schobel is a good football player, problem is that he's not elite and gets paid like he is.

I supposed it was worth noting.

As far as playing sports after the age of 12... I never got worse, so I never had the chance to say I used to be better. Every year I got better.. you know, because I was getting older and stronger. Happily that trend has continued so far, and I haven't declined at all as far as I can tell.

I guess we just interpreted his comments differently then. I simply saw it as him doing the "i'm getting too old for this sh--" schtick , in jest, that we've all done.

I guess we just interpreted his comments differently then. I simply saw it as him doing the "i'm getting too old for this sh--" schtick , in jest, that we've all done.

...or every other line by Danny Glover in a Lethal Weapon movie.

I thought Schobel played an all-around good game yesterday, but did he have all that many QB pressures? That was the one complaint I saw from people.

He was the only guy on the team to hit Jamarcus Russel more than once.

I thought Schobel played an all-around good game yesterday, but did he have all that many QB pressures? That was the one complaint I saw from people.

I don't have a huge problem with Schobel--he gives it 100%. Problem is he is very small for a DE and gets tossed around out there-----manhandled....-and some deluded people think he is better than he really is.He gets paid too much(not his fault of course)...and he just doesnt put the pressure on with any consistency. The occasional sack--usually not at crucial times --does not make up for his being such a non-factor.

I'm really astonished that the guy makes mega millions. Oh well....-I hope he does well this year. We are gonna need some D line pressure against the good teams with the vet QBs.