Aaron Schobel's disappearing act yesterday

Simon

In light of the multiple threads ragging on Schobel (like the nonsensical trash we endured last year) I thought I'd put this out there:

3-8-BUF17 (:41) J.Russell pass incomplete deep left to J.Walker [A.Schobel].

2-10-OAK20 (10:18) J.Russell pass incomplete deep right to A.Lelie [A.Schobel].

3-2-OAK44 (10:23) M.Bush right guard to OAK 43 for -1 yards (A.Schobel).

1-10-50 (4:12) M.Bush left guard to 50 for no gain (A.Schobel)

2-10-50 (3:29) J.Griffith up the middle to 50 for no gain (A.Schobel)

2-9-OAK17 (7:17) M.Bush left tackle to OAK 16 for -1 yards (A.Schobel).

Also thought I'd mention that according to NFL.com Schobel led the team yesterday in both Tackles for Loss and Quarterback Hits.

And here's a link showing Schobel tied for #6 in the NFL in solo tackles by DE's.

In light of the multiple threads ragging on Schobel (like the nonsensical trash we endured last year) I thought I'd put this out there:

Also thought I'd mention that according to NFL.com Schobel led the team yesterday in both Tackles for Loss and Quarterback Hits.

And here's a link showing Schobel tied for #6 in the NFL in solo tackles by DE's.

Maybe that will quiet the clueless for a couple minutes in a a row.

But I thought sacks were the only stat that counted...

Stroud didn't have 1 tackle against Jacksonville. He sucks.

Guess you can't argue with that, stats don't lie.

Funny thing about stats, if the Pro Bowl was picked tomorrow, Stroud would be our most likely candidate from the defense.

Stroud currently ranked 6th in the AFC in sacks.

Poz ranked 27th in tackles.

Whitner ranked 30th in tackles/ints.

EDIT: :thumbsup:

Funny thing about stats, if the Pro Bowl was picked tomorrow, Stroud would be our most likely candidate from the defense.

Stroud currently ranked 6th in the AFC in sacks.

Poz ranked 27th in tackles.

Whitner ranked 30th in tackles/ints.

Yeah, I was kind of being sarcastic there lol.

Some people equate a good DE by how many sacks he has/had. Which is true, but a real great has his impact felt even when he doesn't get on the stat sheet. Also, people expected him to pile up the sacks with Stroud down there with him.

Ironic that many Bills fans ignored Schobels sack numbers in regards to rating him(when he was consistently getting them).....and are now complaining that he isn't getting many sacks(even though he is performing at a high level in the areas they used to complain about). :thumbsup:

Shouldn't you stick to your expertise on secondary play?

Kidding of course. But it's frustrating that our supposedly knowledgeable fan base wouldn't know a good game from a DE if it slapped 'em in the head. Let alone an entire season. Like last year, which was one of his best considering the injuries and the changes made to our D schemes as a result.

Maybe Bruce has just spoiled our expectations for DEs but I'd take a team of Schobels any day of the week.

GO BILLS!!!

Ironic that many Bills fans ignored Schobels sack numbers in regards to rating him(when he was consistently getting them).....and are now complaining that he isn't getting many sacks(even though he is performing at a high level in the areas they used to complain about). :thumbsup:

Thats because Schobel's 67 career sacks are all either coverage sacks or in garbage time. [/tards]

Good post, simon.

Thats because Schobel's 67 career sacks are all either coverage sacks or in garbage time. [/tards]

Good post, simon.

About time you admitted we've had one of the best secondaries in the game ever since Schobel was drafted.

I won't even bother to mention how conveniently you forget about all those big leads our D has played with since Schobel arrived. Our O has put so much pressure on other teams to come from behind and throw more that Schobel was bound to benefit from some garbage time sacks.

GO BILLS!!!

:devil:

Schobel himself admits he isn't what he used to be ..

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b0a65c

Schobel: "I don't move like I used to man. Huhuh, I'm telling you man. I'm just telling you what it is."

Kawika: "Shutup man"

Schobel: "I'm trying to deal with it myself"

Judging by your reaction to what Schobel said, and in the tone of how he said it, i can tell you probably never played sports after the age of 12.

I supposed it was worth noting.

As far as playing sports after the age of 12... I never got worse, so I never had the chance to say I used to be better. Every year I got better.. you know, because I was getting older and stronger. Happily that trend has continued so far, and I haven't declined at all as far as I can tell.

Let's face it folks the D-line should've absolutely destroyed the Raiders and we should've routed them. You can't blame one player. They nearly got 100 yards rushing and the Faders shouldn't have come close to that #. Our O-line was manhandled for 3 quarters and this shouldn't have happened either. Again we have no running game to speak of.

The Faders are a lot worse than you can actually imagine.

Let's face it folks the D-line should've absolutely destroyed the Raiders and we should've routed them. You can't blame one player. They nearly got 100 yards rushing and the Faders shouldn't have come close to that #. Our O-line was manhandled for 3 quarters and this shouldn't have happened either. Again we have no running game to speak of.

The Faders are a lot worse than you can actually imagine.

I just reviewed your brilliance in the gameday thread, as in a span of about an hour you said the Bills wouldn't reach .500, called for Copeland Bryan (of all people) to be cut, called it "another rebuilding year," suggested it would be "best" if Evans isn't around after this season, and said Poz should be benched.

Yes, I think we really ought to take your thoughts on this topic seriously.