Ode to Bills fans...

DrFishfinder

Having grown up in Buff'lo, gone to games at the Rockpile & Rich Stadium and then moved out of state (southeast Ef El Ay), I have to say how proud I am to see the fans at RWS go just frigging bonkers at the home games. The last game I saw at RWS was week 2 of 1988. My dad (who still lived in Buff'lo) met me at the Buffalo airport on Saturday for our annual week of fishing up in Canada. He handed me 2 tickets to the Bills/Dolphins game for the next day. Holy Crap....Bills Tickets...and against the hated Dolphins of all teams! We went together, my dad and I, and saw the Bills beat My Yami 9-6 and I have to say, 20 years later, it is STILL one of the memories I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Sadly, my dad, who was the consummate, long suffering Bills fan, died unexpectedly 2 months later (he was with the Buffalo Fire Department, Engine 18) and I haven't been able to come back for a game since. I got close in November 1998, but that's another story....

But even on television, to see the team, the stadium, the fans and to know that "I WAS THERE" and am a small part of the heritage of the team, the city of Buffalo and the best fans in the entire field of sports....well it is one of the best feelings in the world. I couldn't be prouder of the team, the fans around the world and especially the fans who fill the Ralph to scream their guts out in suport of the Bills, win or lose.

You guys and gals rock. You rock for all of us who wish we could be there at RWS, but can't. You scream for us, cheer for us, cry for us and fill the seats we cannot. You support the team and make Buffalo the best sports city of any city I have ever been to.

Keep on rocking! Keep on being the best and most relentless fans, of any sport, anywhere! Thank each and every one of you! You make all of us Bills fans, who cannot be there at RWS, prouder than you can ever imagine and help keep the rest of us, Bills fans for life.