Pats* are done!!

webtoe

I believe yesterday is the first phase in a season long lay down by the Pats*. Yes they will win a few more games just based on their weak schedule, but they are definitely not a threat for the division.

The reason can be boiled down to simply hunger and desire.

This team put everything into last season, and now that they see there quarterback gives them no chance to win the Superbowl, they are not going to be willing or have the desire to put in the effort necessary. Meanwhile, they will be coming up against teams that will enjoy nothing more than exacting a little revenge for their classless attitude last year.

Could be fun to watch.

I believe yesterday is the first phase in a season long lay down by the Pats*. Yes they will win a few more games just based on their weak schedule, but they are definitely not a threat for the division.

This team put everything into last season, and now that they see there quarterback gives them no chance to win the Superbowl, they are not going to be willing or have the desire to put in the effort necessary. Meanwhile, they will be coming up against teams that will enjoy nothing more than exacting a little revenge for their classless attitude last year.

Could be fun to watch.

Nice post. Yesterday was a perfect storm of all the aforementioned. What the heck happened to that D? Can they just not handle trickery?

Do you suppose R. Brown made a read on all those plays, and that none of them were designed specifically as a "fake" to R.Chong?

Karma's a bitc#

Nice post. Yesterday was a perfect storm of all the aforementioned. What the heck happened to that D? Can they just not handle trickery?

Do you suppose R. Brown made a read on all those plays, and that none of them were designed specifically as a "fake" to R.Chong?

Karma's a bitc#

My head was spinning looking at the wing formation (which is easy to do)... It just goes to show you that once you catch Bellyache* off his cheating ways and get him flustered, all hell breaks loose and the Pats* lose.

Just like a teacher switching exams right before the students take it. An exam that the students thought they knew the answers to.

Could be fun to watch.

Although most posters are going to come in here and leave a cute comment like "it's only one game," I tend to agree with you. I've seen the 31-0 week 1 blowout referenced a bunch of times already, but this is night and day. It was at home, to the friggin Dolphins, and they don't have Tom Brady to bail them out for the next 13 games. The fact that they couldn't adjust to Ronnie Brown lining up behind center is nothing short of pathetic. Randy Moss goes from legendary to average without Brady, just like he did without Culpepper bombing the ball down the field. It was only one game, but it was incredibly telling that the talent doesn't stack up as well as it used to. Belicheat looked raddled, the press is already calling for the 3rd stringer, their defense is older than all hell, and they have no running game.

While their 'talent' at DB is going to be exposed all year (see the Delthea O'Neil attempted tackle, and Pennington's 17-20), I do think that their front seven is in the Top 10 in the league, which is why it was so evident that they did not have any desire yesterday. They kept getting knocked completely out of position by a less than average OL, for the entire game.

Oakland tried that formation a couple of times yesterday, and had a couple of good runs, but overall it was shut down pretty well.