Cowboys fans can't wear fangear while voting

Cowboys fans warned against showing team colors

Well, this is actually something I'd encourage all the time.... :devil:

The ban on electioneering is 75 feet in my town, but I didn't know that precluded someone from wearing a T-shirt, jacket, etc. that espoused some kind of political leaning.

If there were a ballot for clean water in Maine, would that mean someone couldn't wear a Poland Spring T-shirt? (BTW -- I know where it is, but I'm not tellin'!)

Cowboys fans warned against showing team colors

Well, this is actually something I'd encourage all the time....  :devil:

The ban on electioneering is 75 feet in my town, but I didn't know that precluded someone from wearing a T-shirt, jacket, etc. that espoused some kind of political leaning.

If there were a ballot for clean water in Maine, would that mean someone couldn't wear a Poland Spring T-shirt? (BTW -- I know where it is, but I'm not tellin'!)

81774[/snapback]

Well the BIGGEST thing on the ballot this year there is the new stadium, not the presidency. They have their priorities after all (which I learned living there almost 10 years and being married to a native).

The people of Arlington may be proof positive that morons outnumber normal people. They bought the Texas Rangers' owner bill of goods when they agreed to pay for the new Ballpark at Arlington (now Ameriquest Field) and they're still paying for it. Their property taxes were NOT held down, quite the opposite, and they're still paying for THAT stadium.

Now they're about to bend over again. I guess they don't pay enough taxes and their roads aren't congsted enough. But I guess to claim that they're the home of the Cowboys makes it all worthwhile....to them.

I'm flying to Dallas early tomorrow on business...I didn't find their traffic to shabby. Granted I am used to Honolulu and San Diego as my barometers for traffic so I may be skewed. Now on the business that they can't wear their Cowboys gear to the polls. Thats ridiculous...That's like telling Bill's fans they can't wear their colors to the booths. Just dumb.

Apparently, wearing the cowboys emblems on their shirts  when voting on the stadium initiative constitutes "signage".  It's a federal law that you can't post "signage" within so many feet of a polling place.

84936[/snapback]

Congress shall make NO LAW respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Congress shall make NO LAW respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

84949[/snapback]

And yet, "no law" became "some law" in every one of those areas....

In the first place, traffic in DFW is acknowledged to be among the worst in the country. I lived there for almost ten years and concur, and I've sat in my share of jams from LA to NYC to Atlanta and many places in between. Getting to the Ballpark and 6 Flags (they're literally right across from each other) can be a whole lotta fun because no matter HOW you go, you're traveling in the mid-cities area.

Of course the Cowboy games take place mostly on Sundays, but the traffic is always there. So adding another stadium into the mix should be interesting.

Second, in TX whenver I voted there were political signs posted all over the grassy areas outside the polling place. One year, Army Dickhead's son Junior had his fat butt in the parking lot soliciting votes (for himself when he was running for Daddy's seat) and in another case the incumbent mayor of our town was right outside whilst her opponent (Terry Bradshaw's brother Craig) was opposite her in the parking lot. So I am pretty sure that you can do whatever you want at least in Denton County, TX, except when you go inside.

No matter what, we're still laughing. Those poor slobs in Arlington do nothing but gripe about all the money they've lost on the Ballpark and $50 says that they go for the football stadium too. The City of Dallas, which really need the revenue, told Jerry Jones to take a hike. So that will tell you how bad Arlington is about to prostitute itself for a football team that has about as much hopes of a championship as....well, Buffalo!

Lastly - Jerry Jones turned TX Stadium into the football version of a trailer park. If he invested some money like they did at the Ralph (stadium is only a year older) and cleaned up the RKFast out of the parking lot, it would be acceptable.

The City of Dallas, which really need the revenue, told Jerry Jones to take a hike.

85491[/snapback]

A populace that doesn't buy into the false belief that building new stadiums in a city somehow brings in money. About the only thing it does is make a city's name more recognizable. Renovations like the ones at the Ralph make a lot more sense than peeing away $300M every 20-30 years.

Amazed that Big D would take a stand on this issue; those people do seem to take their football a little too seriously.... :angry:

A populace that doesn't buy into the false belief that building new stadiums in a city somehow brings in money. About the only thing it does is make a city's name more recognizable. Renovations like the ones at the Ralph make a lot more sense than peeing away $300M every 20-30 years.

Amazed that Big D would take a stand on this issue; those people do seem to take their football a little too seriously....  :angry:

85506[/snapback]

A few years ago, a referendum was put to the tax payers here in the Tampa Bay area. The Glaziers bought the Buc’s from the Culverhouses because of the estate taxes that the wife would have had to pay because of the death of Hugh.

The commissioners in their fine wisdom tied in the tax for a new stadium with a tax for school improvements. Guess what?, it passed.

The big Sombrero was demolished.

Well after yesterday my brother-in-law in Dallas tells me that wearing of a brown paper bag on one's head now constititutes Cowboy regalia and will be banned from all polling places in Arlington.

You have to understand them - they care about one thing, winning, at any cost, fair or foul, period. That goes for sports as well as politics. So to have that team there may KILL them financially and otherwise but each time the Cowboys win a game they can all feel like winners.

I'm not sure why that is, but there you have it. As a native New Yorker I don't feel a need to thump my chest and brag but they have this "thing" down there whether it's the shape of their state, their sports teams, or what have you.