No Hardy Again Yesterday

VJ91

It seems to me James Hardy deserves to be used more during the game. All he did was go up and grab a tough high pass and keep both feet in by inches to score the winning TD against the Jags the week before. Then he's "rewarded" for that catch by being firmly planted on the bench yesterday. I don't get it. The first 3 quarters, when the Raiders were coming from all angles and the Bills O-Line was nothing more then a revolving door, Hardy could have been utilized. With his height, he would have been a perfect target in quick 3 step drops by Edwards as he was getting blitzed. The kid can run after the catch too, so a couple of quick high passes to the sideline or over the middle could have kept a couple of those short drives alive when the Bills were struggling.

It seems to me James Hardy deserves to be used more during the game. All he did was go up and grab a tough high pass and keep both feet in by inches to score the winning TD against the Jags the week before. Then he's "rewarded" for that catch by being firmly planted on the bench yesterday. I don't get it. The first 3 quarters, when the Raiders were coming from all angles and the Bills O-Line was nothing more then a revolving door, Hardy could have been utilized. With his height, he would have been a perfect target in quick 3 step drops by Edwards as he was getting blitzed. The kid can run after the catch too, so a couple of quick high passes to the sideline or over the middle could have kept a couple of those short drives alive when the Bills were struggling.

He was out there at times and dropped a catchable pass at one point, I believe it was in the 4th quarter. I am sure he will be used more once he and Trent get their timing down. Roscoe and Reed played well down the stretch though, which probably kept him off the field. Rookie receivers are often very inconsistant but I do hope he becomes a more reliable weapon as the season progresses.

He was out there at times and dropped a catchable pass at one point, I believe it was in the 4th quarter. I am sure he will be used more once he and Trent get their timing down. Roscoe and Reed played well down the stretch though, which probably kept him off the field. Rookie receivers are often very inconsistant but I do hope he becomes a more reliable weapon as the season progresses.

Like he said

He was out there at times and dropped a catchable pass (and so did a lot of other players)

Yeah, I think he had even more playing time yesterday than previous. Josh Reed's career-year performance so far has helped to bring the rookie along slowly. The Bills keep introducing new wrinkles every game and there's more in store.

Believe!

Believe? What's not to believe? The Bills are 3-0 alone in first place. I assume that many posters out here and some jerks will be looking at the negative fact that the Bills could have and should have beaten the Raiders easily. I was only trying to suggest one way they may have helped themselves to do just that. That one pass to Hardy he dropped was the only one I say thrown to him all day. Watch how Dallas uses Jason Whitten, their big tight end, on quick short routes that bail them out of long yardage situations. As if the Bills couldn't use Hardy the same way! As for the negative jerks, "cheers" to the idiot from Rochester who called into Vic Carucci on the post game show and rambled mockingly on about how the Bills should used Trent Edwards at middle linebacker because of how smart he is. Who are you people who can't enjoy the fact that Edwards looks like the real deal? We've only waited 12 years since Kelly retired to have a young capable QB at the helm, and still some fans? out there refuse to give this kid any credit.

Hardy was out there a lot yesterday. He was on the field for the majority of the 2nd half I would guess...maybe 20-25 plays total.

They are pretty much using him as a decoy long in order to open up the underneath routes. Then they will send him on a quick out every now and then to change it up, or put him into a pattern on short yardage. He was the primary receiver on a short 3rd down that Trent locked on to him, but he wasn't open.

Catchable? Try perfect. Well, close anyway. I'm not real worried about Hardy, or about his PT, yet. He was in the game plenty, yesterday. One way to get more opportunities is to catch the passes you should, when you get the chance.

You have to know that Trent is looking for guys he knows will be where they are supposed to be, in those comeback situations. That's why Reed is so valuable at that time in the game.

All of you are making sense.... but seriously, how hard is it to run into the endzone and jump?

I'm not buying all this crap about being a rookie, not knowing the offense, or running routes well. When we get into the redzone, how hard is it to catch a fade pass? We haven't even seen one attempt. That was a nice play against Jacksonville, but what's the deal?

We don't need him to know the offense right now, all we need him to do is run into the endzone and jump. It can't be that hard.

Yeah, I think he had even more playing time yesterday than previous. Josh Reed's career-year performance so far has helped to bring the rookie along slowly. The Bills keep introducing new wrinkles every game and there's more in store.

Believe!

Good point re introducing new wrinkles each week. Much like certain plays are used to set up other plays in games, schemes are often used by coaches to set up others for use later on against other opponents. Get ready for more spread formations and no huddle later on.

GO BILLS!!!

That was classic! It forced an Oakland time out but I, too, wonder what the play call was.

Did they have to report as eligible receivers?

buffalo called the TO because oakland stayed in their base defense........obviously didn't fool them at all

All of you are making sense.... but seriously, how hard is it to run into the endzone and jump?

I'm not buying all this crap about being a rookie, not knowing the offense, or running routes well. When we get into the redzone, how hard is it to catch a fade pass? We haven't even seen one attempt. That was a nice play against Jacksonville, but what's the deal?

We don't need him to know the offense right now, all we need him to do is run into the endzone and jump. It can't be that hard.

QUESTION: If it isn't that hard, why doesn't every team have a 6'8"+ former basketball player for red zone situations?

ANSWER: Because it is not that easy.

buffalo called the TO because oakland stayed in their base defense........obviously didn't fool them at all

Indeed. Still, I laughed my ass off. I thought they should just go for it (of course). When Lidell split out, I realized it was just to see if they could catch the D with the wrong personnel/formation. Worth the try and the TO, IMO. Plus, it had entertainment value.

QUESTION: If it isn't that hard, why doesn't every team have a 6'8"+ former basketball player for red zone situations?

ANSWER: Because it is not that easy.

Because not every "6'8'' former basketball player has the skills to play football. Hardy obviously does. Did you see him play at Indiana, the guy is the king of touchdowns.

Nice try, though.