Anyone else love the Whitner late hit on Higgins?

And Reed seems to be a very scrappy guy, like a wicked blocker perhaps.

Wasn't it Reed that Gibril Wilson punched -which got Wilson ejected?

that play was great. the entire o-line pushed forward about 5 yards. that's run blocking folks... And it made up for the crappy short yardage blocking plays earlier in the game.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a late tackle. far less serious than a punch to the face, but the reality of the nfl these days seemed to dictate that whitner get the axe too.

Really? It's pretty rare to see any player ejected for a judgment call. Like I said, the punch is automatic. The Bears got screwed outta their game for a similar play because the refs didn't see Trueblood throw the punch and instead flagged Tillman for a 15 yarder and automatic FD after the Bears had stopped 'em on third down. But they didn't eject him.

Yes, the punch is far worse than a late tackle, but i'm really liking the fact that the refs were on our side today.

Good teams tend to get calls. Hmmmm.

but i'm really liking the fact that the refs were on our side today.

:thumbsup:

Were you watching the same game as I was....?

Evans had the catch and they ruled it an INT?

Evans got called for PI when he just slaped the hand check away?

There was at least one blatantly missed holding call on Oakland.

I wouldn't call the refs on our side in the least...

And an illegal block in the back early.

I don't think those are indicative of favoritism on the part of the refs, though. I saw plenty of lousy calls go against the Raiders, too. The refs just sucked today.

Fully agree had the refs going against us bigtime today.

And an illegal block in the back early.

I don't think those are indicative of favoritism on the part of the refs, though. I saw plenty of lousy calls go against the Raiders, too. The refs just sucked today.

Exactly. Bad calls, both ways.

i really didn't think it was that good a shot - if your going to take a 15 yarder, make it worth your while! i'd have gone up high

my blood was boiling when he slowed down though, so i'm glad whitner at least gave it a swing.....call me crazy, but that kind of junk is karma

you know, i think you guys are onto something.

the raiders were out physicalling (such a non word but is used so much! there was an irregardless fight in the game thread!! lol) us and then all of a sudden it was the bills who were packing the punch. the raiders play close to the limit and that took us off guard for 3 quarters, BUT THEN THEY GOT INTO GET AWAY WAGONS, AND YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE BILLS SEE THOSE WAGONS!!!!!

i really didn't think it was that good a shot - if your going to take a 15 yarder, make it worth your while! i'd have gone up high

my blood was boiling when he slowed down though, so i'm glad whitner at least gave it a swing.....call me crazy, but that kind of junk is karma

The beauty of the play was that it didn't even cost us 15 yards. Technically it did, if you think the refs were going to call the taunting penalty before Whitner hit him, but I don't think they were.

The beauty of the play was that it didn't even cost us 15 yards. Technically it did, if you think the refs were going to call the taunting penalty before Whitner hit him, but I don't think they were.

Agreed. No way they call that w/o the hit.

If Whitner was fast enough to snag the bastard we would be happier. Whitner lacks real speed out there. He got burned and the fuggin guy was jogging. If he pulled a Beebe on him I would have more respect.

Kelly the Dog was right. You really should change your name.