Where are the idiots now

eball

You have to earn the position. It took him a while to do so. Thus, he had to take the opportunity.

uh huh Darin, again you go with the insults. Too proud to admit that another school of thought may have some points :thumbsup:

Yeah, the ever lucid "Steve Fairchild was a terrible coordinator who sucked at using the strengths of his personnel but I'll defer to his judgement on personnel as the basis of my argument."

That makes about as much sense as Fairchild using Roscoe on endzone fade patterns. Which he actually did.

If you are this much of a jerk when you are sober, I can't imagine how bad you can be when you are drunk

Do me a favor and try. I'd like to see your head explode.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeezus. As if this place suddenly became the bastion of civility.

This place will always be exactly what you make of it.

And when you start threads for the sole purpose of calling multiple people idiots, then no, it will not be a bastion of civility.

And you will be the reason why.

This place will always be exactly what you make of it.

And when you start threads for the sole purpose of calling multiple people idiots, then no, it will not be a bastion of civility.

And you will be the reason why.

Yeah, I get it. Sometimes even those of us who wish to remain above the level of such nonsense succumb to a momentary lapse. I should have addressed my point differently.

Would "morons" have worked better? :lol::thumbsup:

what was the point of this? On top of being senseless - you needed to bump this 8 minutes later? :thumbsup:

So, Josh Reed had a good game today and that means he played well 2 years ago. :P

Whatever... argue with yourself.

I don't use this symbol often but, :lol:

Look Ma, I'm an attention whore!

Nice game Josh. Never said you don't belong in the league, but you are still a below average NFL #2WR.

Given where he was drafted, I don't think he has met expectations........

At a guess I'd say he certainly has met reasonable expectations.....actually at a guess I'd say he has performed above reasonable expectations.

It's a bit of a bugbear of mine(you may have noticed) that 'expectations' by fans(and media) for draft picks generally are way too high.

Let's look at what one can reasonably expect from the #36 draft pick(WRs)

From 1997-2005....WRs picked between #24-#48.....bold better than Reed.....red worse.

(The grading is probably fraught with errors but should give a reasonable outlook on what is to be expected from a draft pick).

(25)Freddie Mitchell

(27)Rae Carruth

(27)Roddy White

(29)R. Jay Soward

(29)Michael Jenkins

(30)Marcus Nash

(30)Reggie Wayne

(31)Rashaun Woods

(32)Jerome Pathon

(32)Kevin Johnson

(32)Dennis Northcutt

(33)Quincy Morgan

(33)Jabar Gaffney

(34)Jacquez Green

(35)Reggie Brown

(36)Todd Pinkston

(36)Chad Johnson

(39)Mark Bradley

(41)Robert Ferguson

(42)Patrick Johnson

(44)Taylor Jacobs

(45)Bethel Johnson

(46)Joey Kent

(46)Tim Carter

(47)Kevin Lockett

(47)Jerry Porter

(47)Andre Davis

(48)Reche Caldwell

Looking at that list I'd say he certainly has met every reasonable expectations relating to his drafted position.

......and a quick look at all those drafted #23 and above :flirt:

(2)Charles Rogers

(3)Andre Johnson

(3)Larry Fitzgerald

(3)Braylon Edwards

(4)Peter Warrick

(6)Torry Holt

(7)Ike Hilliard

(7)Roy Williams

(7)Troy Williamson

(8)David Boston

(8)Plaxico Burress

(8)David Terrell

(9)Koren Robinson

(9)Reggie Williams

(10)Travis Taylor

(10)Mike Williams

(13)Troy Edwards

(13)Donte Stallworth

(13)Lee Evans

(15)Yatil Green

(15)Rod Gardner

(15)Michael Clayton

(16)Reidel Anthony

(16)Kevin Dyson

(16)Santana Moss

(17)Bryant Johnson

(19)Ashley Lelie

(20)Javon Walker

(21)Randy Moss

(21)Sylvester Morris

(21)Matt Jones

(22)Mark Clayton

He also is the "We are not taking no sh*t from anyone!!" player on offense, just like Whitner is on D...

Reed has been in at least one scuffle every game so far this year it seems like...

what scuffle did he get into in the Seahawks game? I missed that...

Again whatever... there is no reason to be drawn into a Josh Reed bashing debate today. He played well. Good for him. Good for BillsNation.

If in your opinion, he has played up to the level of a 2nd round selection over the past 6 years, then that is your opinion. Others think differently. It doesn't really matter that people disagree.

I'm with you. He played at a big time school and won the Billetnikoff, they don't just hand those things out.

Again, yeah he played well, and that's awesome for us big time, but his career as a whole has been relatively frustrating and a disappointing.