Crackpot Chavez going further off the deep end

KD in CA

Expels Human Rights Watch activists

So now Human Rights Watch is a puppet of the Bush administration? Yeah, ok.

I know Chavez has some big fans among the left wingers here on PPP (TPS, chicot, etc.), so I'm sure they'll explain why this is a logical and reasonable move and why the Human Rights Watch report has no validity. By the way, here's the article on their findings:

Article about the findings in the report

As it settles into its 10th year, President Hugo Chávez’s government has consolidated power by eliminating the independence of the judiciary, punishing critical news organizations and engaging in wide-ranging acts of political discrimination against opponents, a human rights group said in a report released on Thursday in Caracas.

Yep...Democracy is alive and well in Venezuela!

I know Chavez has some big fans among the left wingers here on PPP (TPS, chicot, etc.), so I'm sure they'll explain why this is a logical and reasonable move and why the Human Rights Watch report has no validity. By the way, here's the article on their findings:

I know it is a huge stretch, but the thing that creeps me out about Obamomania is that if a Chavez were ever to come to power here, this is how it would happen. Ride a wave of popularist support, offer popularist policies and lofty visions, promise better times for the masses and demonize the rich, and then demonize the opposition... There have been several reports recently about grassroots Obama organizations taking down the switchboards of local news organization airing opposition commentators...

I remember when Bush ran for president how people thought he would improve relations with Latin America because he came from Texas and spoke Spanish. That worked out well.

I think he was sincere and probably would have accomplished something overall had 9-11 not changed his focus. Instead our enemies have festered and are friends have been left hanging by an anti-trade congress...

I know Chavez has some big fans among the left wingers here on PPP (TPS, chicot, )etcurl="http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080919/ts_nm/venezuela_rights_dc"]

[/url]

TPS a Chavez fan? not the TPS i know for sure!

I know it is a huge stretch, but the thing that creeps me out about Obamomania is that if a Chavez were ever to come to power here, this is how it would happen. Ride a wave of popularist support, offer popularist policies and lofty visions, promise better times for the masses and demonize the rich, and then demonize the opposition... There have been several reports recently about grassroots Obama organizations taking down the switchboards of local news organization airing opposition commentators...

"Huge stretch" doesn't even begin to troll the depths of your paranoia.

I remember when Bush ran for president how people thought he would improve relations with Latin America because he came from Texas and spoke Spanish. That worked out well.

PJ - Bush NEVER claimed to speak Spanish. He claimed to speak MEXICAN.

hhahahahahahahahaha this is RICH.

Riding a wave of populist support...like the Hockey Mom and the POW? You know, the self-styled "original Mavericks"? check

Promising better times for the masses? Check

Demonizing the opposition? Check

Grassroots organizations stifling free speech? Check and DOUBLE check, this was perfected by the GOP.

I will never understand how people can actually vote for a ticket where one candidate is in lockstep with lobbyists and has an abused his position (Keating 5 anyone) and the other is currently under investigation for abuse of power.

I will never understand how people can actually vote for a ticket where one candidate is in lockstep with lobbyists and has an abused his position (Keating 5 anyone) and the other is currently under investigation for abuse of power.

I know how important the idea of 'innocent until proven guilty' is to you. In the investigation, Keating and John Glenn were cleared of all charges. The other three Democrats were found guilty by the Committee.

Have any other abuse innuendo, like say steering big contracts to his wifes hospital, or helping the credit card company his son lobbies for get a bill making personal bankruptcy more difficult?

"Joe Biden does not talk much about his son's lobbyist background. Hunter Biden lobbied for clients that paid his firm at least $380,000 in the first six months of this year, federal records show."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080824...rg/a6qrvqdtzkv4

:wallbash:

"Joe Biden does not talk much about his son's lobbyist background. Hunter Biden lobbied for clients that paid his firm at least $380,000 in the first six months of this year, federal records show."

Shutup. Only Republicans do these things.

Jesus Christ, people. Wake the !@#$ up.

Give Biden a break, he's been bringing change for the last 30+ years

Nope, I'm not going to defend it. I think it's a daft move by Chavez.