Ryder Cup

KD in CA

Congrats USA!! :rolleyes:

No dancing this year Sergio! He got his ass kicked by a rookie in the first match yesterday and that set the tone. Great job by the Americans.

However, the best player of the weekend was Ian Poulter from England. He didn't miss a thing all weekend.

That was great. But not as good as sergio getting fugged up 5 and 4. The little bastard spaniard got what was coming to him.

My favorite moment of that match was him hitting two balls from the same spot into the water and conceding the hole from the middle of the fairway.

I loved it on Saturday when Sergio hit that long birdie putt and went off on that ridiculous over the top scream and yell. Stricker responded by sinking his putt and then did one of the most awkward looking fist pumps of all time.

No dancing this year Sergio! He got his ass kicked by a rookie in the first match yesterday and that set the tone. Great job by the Americans.

However, the best player of the weekend was Ian Poulter from England. He didn't miss a thing all weekend.

Perfect tactics by Anz :rolleyes:

Paul Azinger not only shocked the golf world this week, he also surprised it. Azinger's master plan was to divide the team into three groups of four -- the players ultimately were paired in practice and live play -- and assign an assistant captain to each group. Who knew that team-building could be born of divisions, right? He took inspiration from a military documentary he saw years ago. Must have been about platoons, because the small American clusters had the Europeans surrounded and outfoxed all week. "I never saw Anthony Kim hit one shot in practice until the 18th hole on Thursday," Azinger said of the team's last practice round. "I relied on Ray Floyd." Whatever the reasons, the American pulled off the shocker, even without the ailing world No. 1 on the roster. The mini-teams were only one tactic that paid off, however. When it came time to play in singles on Sunday, a session that always generates huge criticism for the losing side, Azinger sent his four aggressive players off first, his four Southern boys in the middle, and his four steadiest players at the tail end.