Joey Porter Talking Trash About pats*

scribo

I'd really like to see him back it up, but come on... this has to be among the dumbest things a player has said in a while. I think the stinkin' fish are going to lose by 30+ Sunday.

There aren't a lot of guys who could talk smack after getting absolutely smoked by the Arizona Cardinals. But coming off a game the Cards could have won 50-0 had they not called off the dogs and benched their starters, Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter decided it was time to weigh in on Matt Cassel and suggest Miami might have an easy go of it in Foxborough.

"I just know he's not a Tom Brady. So if it's not Tom Brady, it shouldn't be that hard," said Porter.

Keep in mind that Cassel is 2-0 this season and Porter is 1-17 in his last 18 games. And that in Miami's two losses, the opposing quarterbacks were a combined 75 years in age and posted a combined 147.1 QB rating.

Porter can still run his mouth, but that's about the only part of his game that grabs your attention.

Fox Sports reports

I'd really like to see him back it up, but come on... this has to be among the dumbest things a player has said in a while. I think the stinkin' fish are going to lose by 30+ Sunday.

Fox Sports reports

Forgive this correlation as I have a son who's almost 4, but Joey Porter reminds me of Scrappy Doo. He rants and yells and rants and yells and rants and yells, and then someone comes along and flicks him like a bugger into a giant tree stump, at which time he gets up and rants and yells and rants and yells and rants and yells...

Forgive this correlation as I have a son who's almost 4, but Joey Porter reminds me of Scrappy Doo. He rants and yells and rants and yells and rants and yells, and then someone comes along and flicks him like a bugger into a giant tree stump, at which time he gets up and rants and yells and rants and yells and rants and yells...

Is that on before or after Saved by the Smell?

Wellllllllll ........

Those quotes are just a bit out of context ..... I heard a replay of this interview, as well as a follow-on interview where he basically reiterated the same thing. The original question was were they going to play the p*ts any different since Brady was out.

His response was to the effect that Cassel was not Brady and that the P*ts have changed their game to allow for Cassels inexperiance. They don't have to worry about 23 straight passes, they don't have to worry about an agressive down field passing game. They don't have to worry about the P*ts scoring a zillion points. He pointed out that Cassel while not a rookie has only started a few games and the key was to throw everything including the kitchen sink at him (a stategy if tried on Brady would mean certian death).

thought in parens are my own

Although I feel Porter is discounting the abilities of the P*ts team as a whole, as well as discounting the ineptatude of his own, I see nothing wrong with what he has to say.

Picture a reporter asking how team "A" is going to defend team "B" who is starting a rookie QB.

The player from team "A" says ....... that's easy, we are throwing everything we've got at him to confuse him, he's not as good or experianced as their starter.

IMHO ...... this whole thing is media spin to create a story

How is that trash talking? Matt Cassel is not Tom Brady.

I don't care who he is playing, to say beating another team "shouldn't be that hard," which is exactly what he said, is trash talking. It says he does not respect the Pats* ability to play anymore just because they lost Brady.