Oakland Raiders vs. Buffalo Bills Game Day Preview

Lori

Good analysis.

After watching what Eddie Royal did to DeAngelo Hall, I'm hoping the Bills find ways to get Parrish lined up against Hall (assuming Asomugha moves around covering Evans). Parrish is a similar receive to Royal, and Hall loves to bite on double moves. Parrish could have a monster day...

Great job as always Lori. There is not a better preview written anywhere, ever. I am looking (and hoping) for a couple of things:

1) A TD reception (or 2) by Josh Reed. While I don't think by any means think that Josh is a great wideout, he seems to have great chemistry with Trent. Oakland will have to use resources to cover Evans, and I think that Trent is (already) good enough to take advantage and find Reed.

2) More sacks/pressure from the DEs. A backup LT and a rookie QB could mean a big day for #94. A few timely sacks could lead to a few timely picks or even punt returns.

3) I would love to see a steady, clock consuming running game.

The math is simple. A 3-0 start means that 7-6 for the last 13 games would give us 10 wins, and a very probable playoff spot. This game is a golden opportunity for a victory against a conference opponent, and I truly hope that they can seize the moment.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori:

You're really a gifted writer, and an excellent researcher/journalist. These reviews you create for us each week are comprehensive and are a compelling, informative, and entertaining read. Technically on par, at least, with the stuff I get in my SI subscription and blows all sources away for specifically Bills gameday coverage. Now I'm all smartened up and ready to go to the Ralph!

Thank you.

As always, thanks for the kind words.

Glad they managed to pull it out, but this outlook -- "If they don’t keep the Raiders in the game with turnovers or other mistakes, they’ll succeed, and the Fire Lane Kiffin Watch will resume." -- ended up being far too close to the truth for my liking. Nice of the offensive line to finally show up at the stadium for the second half.

As always, thanks for the kind words.

Glad they managed to pull it out, but this outlook -- "If they don’t keep the Raiders in the game with turnovers or other mistakes, they’ll succeed, and the Fire Lane Kiffin Watch will resume." -- ended up being far too close to the truth for my liking. Nice of the offensive line to finally show up at the stadium for the second half.

No kidding that was too close to comfort. Might I suggest that if you want to engage in prognostication this week you try something like: "If the Bills don't skip breakfast, they will easily dispatch the lowly Rams and the Canonize Trent Edwards watch will resume."