If McCain Loses....

it'll never be as impressive as running a school newspaper or registering some people to vote.

Yes, I am never impressed by people who volunteer their time for such needless things. Political ambitions are ALWAYS for the right reasons. :thumbsup:

I am on the village board in my small town, an elected position that is more about community service rather than the small salary. Yet, even in small town politics, there is major red tape. Widening a sidewalk requires seven public hearings. I think its safe to say that a single person could actually do more as an unaffiliated and unelected "community organizer" than most elected officials could do or want to do. Day-to-day results that you can see, at the grass roots level, are real and they're important.

It never ceases to amaze me in political races, how Kerry's military service, or Palin being "just" a small town mayor, or Obama being a community volunteer, somehow take on a negative connotation. THESE ARE ALL GOOD THINGS, PEOPLE!!!!

LongLiveRalph for President!!

He's got the experence!!! :(

Hahaha...I think there are MANY photos from my college days that would need to be destroyed before that could even become a remote possibility.

Plus, I'd have to take Air Force One back to WNY the first Monday of every month for village board hearings...There's some hot topics on the agenda, including diagonal parking on Main Street, an addition to the fire station, setting up an architectural review board, and other earth-shaking developments!!! :thumbsup:

Quale didn't have the rock star attraction Palin does. The right is in love with her

Sadly, and the worst part is she is showing how malleable she is espousing neo-con positions so easily. The very fact she's open to fight Russia before discussing diplomacy first and foremost and our friendship with Russia frightens me.

As Buchanan said about McCain and hopefully not Palin, "He'll make Cheney look like Ghandi."

Yes, I am never impressed by people who volunteer their time for such needless things. Political ambitions are ALWAYS for the right reasons. :thumbsup:

I am on the village board in my small town, an elected position that is more about community service rather than the small salary. Yet, even in small town politics, there is major red tape. Widening a sidewalk requires seven public hearings. I think its safe to say that a single person could actually do more as an unaffiliated and unelected "community organizer" than most elected officials could do or want to do. Day-to-day results that you can see, at the grass roots level, are real and they're important.

It never ceases to amaze me in political races, how Kerry's military service, or Palin being "just" a small town mayor, or Obama being a community volunteer, somehow take on a negative connotation. THESE ARE ALL GOOD THINGS, PEOPLE!!!!

I'm not sure that's the kind of community organizing he did - it's hard to say, because much of the history is blocked out. But a common view is that he organized the community, in the demonstration sense, to force the government to address issues. He wasn't a community self-help sort of organizer.

Either way, it doesn't solve the basic universal problem that all local officials face: throttled by too much red-tape and regulation of the governments own making.