The Express-Ernie Davis

WWVaBeach

Just when you think SU has sank to it's lowest depth, they further plummet down the spiral of suckatude. The word embarassing does this no justice as to how inept the entire staff is at Syracuse. Robinson and Gross need to go. They have become a laughing stock.

thats kind of a stretch isnt it? some 82 year old guy from brooklyn(?) made the statue based on football equipment sent to him by the school. i highly doubt that the staff told him to include the logos of the apparel, anyhow the guy is going to fix the statue to get rid of the swoosh....

Just when you think SU has sank to it's lowest depth, they further plummet down the spiral of suckatude. The word embarassing does this no justice as to how inept the entire staff is at Syracuse. Robinson and Gross need to go. They have become a laughing stock.

thats kind of a stretch isnt it? some 82 year old guy from brooklyn(?) made the statue based on football equipment sent to him by the school. i highly doubt that the staff told him to include the logos of the apparel, anyhow the guy is going to fix the statue to get rid of the swoosh....

Nobody bothered to look at it? How can you think Syracuse has hit anything but rock bottom? Jim Rome dedicated at least a half an hour to Syracuse related smack. They may be the worst team is Division I football. The Head Coach admits he didn't realize how far the program had fallen before he took over. Their best recruit was injured before the season started. To top it off, a moment where the school was drawing on the nostalgia of Ernie Davis, they completely hatchet the statue and make themselves look like incompetent fools. You tell me where the program is at.

you are intemingling way too many things into this article....jim rome talking smack about something is not a barometer i chose to use. a statue that has nike apparel doesnt make me want to trash my hometown school. the football program...sure they are awful, but i do not equate these two things. a statue is a piece of artwork, not always supposed to be a real life representation....i am just saying...be mad at the university for the football team...and daryl gross...and nancy cantor....not because of a statue

Nobody bothered to look at it? How can you think Syracuse has hit anything but rock bottom? Jim Rome dedicated at least a half an hour to Syracuse related smack. They may be the worst team is Division I football. The Head Coach admits he didn't realize how far the program had fallen before he took over. Their best recruit was injured before the season started. To top it off, a moment where the school was drawing on the nostalgia of Ernie Davis, they completely hatchet the statue and make themselves look like incompetent fools. You tell me where the program is at.

"The sculptor realized there was an era-specific discrepancy with the shoes and the helmet," Syracuse University spokesman Kevin Morrow said Wednesday...

...Morrow said the university was aware of the errors before an online blogger first pointed them out, but there wasn't enough time "to take corrective action before this past weekend's activities."

"Bruno will be making the appropriate modifications as soon as possible," Morrow said.

'nuff said