Clinton fundraiser endorses McCain

KD in CA

I hope McCain uses them in a commerical. "John McCain can relate to blue collar workers. He's endorsed by Lynn Forester de Rothschild, wife of international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild. Sir Evelyn and Lynn know your pain." Talk about elitism! Hah! :thumbsup:

I agree, I can understand why she is voting for McCain. Obama just threatened to raise her taxes and she definitely is not patriotic, at least not an American patriot. That being said she came across as someone the campaigns on both side tolerate because of their money but can't stand to be around, even McCain's wife who comes from that kind of money doesn't strike me as someone who socializes with this kind of snobbery. Yuck, lose some make-up and get out in the sun once in a while.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I can understand why she is voting for McCain. Obama just threatened to raise her taxes and she definitely is not patriotic, at least not an American patriot. That being said she came across as someone the campaigns on both side tolerate because of their money but can't stand to be around, even McCain's wife who comes from that kind of money doesn't strike me as someone who socializes with this kind of snobbery. Yuck, lose some make-up and get out in the sun once in a while.

What?!?! Someone's NOT a patriot if they don't want to pay taxes?

Isn't that the !@#$ing foundation of the American Revolution?

Would you support a drooling idiot if his campaign manager handed him a scripted set of platforms that you agreed with? Are assessments of competance, experience, judgement, demeaner, etc all out of bounds?

Or is it that it never occured to you that some people have concerns about Obama himself?

That is called a yellow dog democrat. That being said, I have concerns about Obama, but I can't support 90% McSame

It must be nice to be a member of a political party. You always know that you're side is right, and the other side is wrong. You don't even have to think for yourself, you can just blindly follow your leaders while discounting anything and everything that comes from the other side. They are the repigs or the libitards. Impressive. Deeply religous people can still occasionally see the value of other teachings. Somehow, the political discourse in this country does not allow for open-mindedness.

These last eight years have been so refreshing to have elected officials in the White House who are absolutely certain that their course of action is the correct one. Considering alternatives is for pussies. :thumbsup:

Hey, God is on their side, that's why. Just ask them.

Nice of you to diss on the 95% of working Americans who in your opinion just sit on their butts while the 5%ers do all the heavy lifting.

Oh, that's so pathetically rich of you. I spent the last 35 years doing a crapload of heavy lifting from whatever crap-infested hellhole you think I'm dissing. I did it on my own and from every shitttty job working for every shitttty boss in some shitttty work conditions, and one of the things I learned was that the more you give most people money for no reason, the less they actually try to earn it. Personally, I resent the fact that it is suddenly EXPECTED of me to pay more than the 50% I'm already contributing simply because I make more than 95% of this country...all in the name of patriotism!!! And on top of all that, I have to "give" MY money to people who aren't even as PATRIOTIC as I am???

The challenge with Biden's comment is he is taking a position called "poisoning the well." It's kind of amateurish, but it works like this: anyone who now complains about his plan is, suddenly, not patrtiotic. Unfortunately for Biden, most people aren't as stupid as he thinks they are. On the upside, most people are every bit as lazy as he's counting on them being.

And for what it's worth, you picked the wrong person to play the "Way to diss the heavy lifters," card, Sparky. I did it on my own, and not you nor some other liberal crybaby can tell me why most other people can't do it on their own either.

Oh, wait. I know. With Obama and Biden, they won't HAVE to. They just need to let everyone else do the work, and get their money for no decent reason.

Here's an idea. How about all registered democrats pool your money together and split it up amongst yourselves evenly and leave the rest of us out of your irresponsible world of enabling a sense of entitlement.

It was part, but not everything. Plus, those were taxes leaving the country

Most people havn't read the part of the Declaration of Independence listing the grievences, but they were many:

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us, in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty and perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

Here's an idea. How about all registered democrats pool your money together and split it up amongst yourselves evenly and leave the rest of us out of your irresponsible world of enabling a sense of entitlement.

You kind of have been left alone. That's why we're in the economic mess right now.

Anybody making less than 250k per year will be getting a tax break. Everyone over that will be taxed like they were in the 90's. I recall the 90's as being quite profitable for you folk.

Would you support a drooling idiot if his campaign manager handed him a scripted set of platforms that you agreed with? Are assessments of competance, experience, judgement, demeaner, etc all out of bounds?

Or is it that it never occured to you that some people have concerns about Obama himself?

No. I wouldn't support McCain or Palin.

You kind of have been left alone. That's why we're in the economic mess right now.

Anybody making less than 250k per year will be getting a tax break. Everyone over that will be taxed like they were in the 90's. I recall the 90's as being quite profitable for you folk.

'Cept for the social security ceiling and a few other things, on paper at least.

But with spending promises to don't add up (in fairness neither do McCains), and more importantly a Democratic House and Senate whipped up into a wealth-transfer frenzy, what makes you so confident that they will raise the rates only to what Obama is currently suggesting?

Remember, in 2001 it was Congress that lowered the capital gains tax below what Bush asked for. The President only recommends and potentially vetos - it is Congress that writes the legislation.

The economic mess right now was caused by a handful of people taking naive people and helping them make stupid financial decisions while cooking the books to increase their income. That includes the candidate who is proposing this entitlement tax, who was one of the biggest financial recipients of the gooey gunk that lies at the very foundation of the cause for this economic mess. How about we string up the !@#$ing idiots who caused this mess, and stop thinking that this economic mess was broadly caused by "you folks."

Household, not single filers. Small-business entrepenuers tend to be in the single-filer 80-200k demographic, and things look bleak when you also factor in tax changes effecting health insurance and dividends (since their only retirement plan is out-of-pocket stock purchases). And if you raise the social security ceiling (they are currently talking about a 'donut'), don't forget that they pay it twice: once themselves, and once as a company-matching tax which for an S-Corp is essentially out-of-pocket too. For every extra $1,000 that a guy working for a big company pays into SS, an entrepenuer pays $2,000.

Tax them... What are they gonna do? Stop working, stop striving? Leave the country?

:(:thumbsup:

They are going to stop taking risks with their own money to start businesses when the potential reward is reduced.

If you want to see what the outcome of this enlightened Democratic philosophy towards the workplace is, look no further than Europe. Job and business creation lags far behind the rest of the world. Even company expansion is hindered, when in many countries the simple act of hiring an employee commits you to paying his salary for a year.

First off I was being sarcastic. That being said, to answer your question, Yes, especially for those that can best afford it. How else are we going to pay for this unjustified !@#$ing war in Iraq, more borrow and spend? This is the same thing that is happening in the financial world -- too much borrowing and spending and no pay for.

Stop bleeding the middle class workers for all your bridge to no wheres, oh I decided not waste it on that but spend 23-4 mil on things in a town of 8,000 that gets oil royalties to boot. Please, keep that tax money at home, make foreigners like this ladies' husband pay more.

They are going to stop taking risks with their own money to start businesses when the potential reward is reduced.

If you want to see what the outcome of this enlightened Democratic philosophy towards the workplace is, look no further than Europe. Job and business creation lags far behind the rest of the world. Even company expansion is hindered, when in many countries the simple act of hiring an employee commits you to paying his salary for a year.

Europe seems to be handling it.

:thumbsup: