Clinton fundraiser endorses McCain

KD in CA

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that's so pathetically rich of you. I spent the last 35 years doing a crapload of heavy lifting from whatever crap-infested hellhole you think I'm dissing. I did it on my own and from every shitttty job working for every shitttty boss in some shitttty work conditions, and one of the things I learned was that the more you give most people money for no reason, the less they actually try to earn it. Personally, I resent the fact that it is suddenly EXPECTED of me to pay more than the 50% I'm already contributing simply because I make more than 95% of this country...all in the name of patriotism!!! And on top of all that, I have to "give" MY money to people who aren't even as PATRIOTIC as I am???

The challenge with Biden's comment is he is taking a position called "poisoning the well." It's kind of amateurish, but it works like this: anyone who now complains about his plan is, suddenly, not patrtiotic. Unfortunately for Biden, most people aren't as stupid as he thinks they are. On the upside, most people are every bit as lazy as he's counting on them being.

And for what it's worth, you picked the wrong person to play the "Way to diss the heavy lifters," card, Sparky. I did it on my own, and not you nor some other liberal crybaby can tell me why most other people can't do it on their own either.

Oh, wait. I know. With Obama and Biden, they won't HAVE to. They just need to let everyone else do the work, and get their money for no decent reason.

Here's an idea. How about all registered democrats pool your money together and split it up amongst yourselves evenly and leave the rest of us out of your irresponsible world of enabling a sense of entitlement.

That's some thick wool you're pulling over your eyes.

If you could actually view this thing from a logical angle, rather than a political one, you'd clearly see that the federal deficit is horribly in the red, the outlook for the credit and insurance industries is as bleak as ever, and the government continues to put major Wall St stalwarts on life support. Where do you think this money is going to come from??? I hate to break it to you, but whichever candidate takes office is going to have the ingredients of a financial crisis staring at them. Whenever this has occurred, historically, the first burden is felt by the American taxpayer. It is impossible for the goverment to dig out of this hole (while continuing to supplement failed corporations) without increasing tax revenue.

Businesses and the upper class tax brackets are always the first to feel the pinch. Even the most die-hard fiscal conservatives understand that you cannot justify upper class tax "relief" (if there is such a thing) when the majority of the middle class is in the midst of a recession. But feel free to continue to believe that "your team" is better than the "other team." Frankly, it's not going to matter much. But if it makes you feel better to froth at the mouth over some "liberal" and "conservative" predefined political ideals that don't even exist anymore, be my guest.

Europe seems to be handling it.

:thumbsup:

It's been better in the past few years, but things seem to have hit the wall and I expect the decline to resume Most growth has been fueled by the infusion of cheap labor, lower corporate taxes than in the US, and the addition of relatively minimaly-regulated nations such as Ireland and Portugual. As their economies have equalized, growth has faltered. Overall I think the outlook looks poor.

If you have any experience doing business in Europe, you know that simply hiring a person to start or expand a business is a long-term financial committment. You can't fire them, you can't lay them off, you can't eliminate the position. The result of this union paradise is nobody creates new jobs unless it is an absolute sure thing. And the result of that is an unemployment rate that would shock Americans.

Our unemployment rate has been between 2-3% for almost two decades. We began screaming recession when it rose to 5% this year, and went apoplectic when it spiked to 6.1% this month. In contrast, the unemployment rate in the EU is the lowest it's been in decades: 6.8%. Just going back to 2003, the rate in the EU was 9.2%!

It is informative to break the EU down into the Nations whose business environments most resemble the US (UK and Ireland), and Old Europe which is the favored model of the Democrats (France, Germany, and Sweden). In this most favorable of times the more US-like countries have unemployment rates of 5.2%, while socialized Europe has a rate about 7%; and the disparity exists over time.

I wish we could have the election today. I expect this to jump around some more, but McCain looked real bad this last week. Hopefully they get desperate and start doing some more stupid sh--

No. They will pander to the populus and McCain's numbers will rise.

Again... It is not what the people NEED to hear, it is all about what the people WANT to hear. Given this cliche, the Republicans are very skilled telling people what they want to hear.

To a certain extent, both parties do it... But, when it comes to raising taxes... The Republicans have the people in their pockets. Most people are cheapos and don't want to pitch in, just receive... And it gets worse as one goes up the social ladder because the services rendered get lower.

Conservative for Obama, former publisher of National Review:

http://www.dmagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?nm...6A3EF81822D9F8E

THE MORE I LISTEN TO AND READ ABOUT “the most liberal member of the U.S. Senate,” the more I like him. Barack Obama strikes a chord with me like no political figure since Ronald Reagan. To explain why, I need to explain why I am a conservative and what it means to me.

In 1964, at the age of 16, I organized the Dallas County Youth for Goldwater. My senior thesis at the University of Texas was on the conservative intellectual revival in America. Twenty years later, I was invited by William F. Buckley Jr. to join the board of National Review. I later became its publisher.

Conservatism to me is less a political philosophy than a stance, a recognition of the fallibility of man and of man’s institutions. Conservatives respect the past not for its antiquity but because it represents, as G.K. Chesterton said, the democracy of the dead; it gives the benefit of the doubt to customs and laws tried and tested in the crucible of time. Conservatives are skeptical of abstract theories and utopian schemes, doubtful that government is wiser than its citizens, and always ready to test any political program against actual results.

Liberalism always seemed to me to be a system of “oughts.” We ought to do this or that because it’s the right thing to do, regardless of whether it works or not. It is a doctrine based on intentions, not results, on feeling good rather than doing good.

But today it is so-called conservatives who are cemented to political programs when they clearly don’t work. The Bush tax cuts—a solution for which there was no real problem and which he refused to end even when the nation went to war—led to huge deficit spending and a $3 trillion growth in the federal debt. Facing this, John McCain pumps his “conservative” credentials by proposing even bigger tax cuts. Meanwhile, a movement that once fought for limited government has presided over the greatest growth of government in our history. That is not conservatism; it is profligacy using conservatism as a mask.

Conservative for Obama, former publisher of National Review:

http://www.dmagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?nm...6A3EF81822D9F8E

Interesting, which is why I am concerned about him... P.S. My favorite Senator Chuck Hagel just skewered Palin as unfit to lead....

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politi..._questions.html

Interesting, which is why I am concerned about him... P.S. My favorite Senator Chuck Hagel just skewered Palin as unfit to lead....

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politi..._questions.html

I would have loved to see Hagel as Obama's running mate. Of course then he'd be charged with pandering like McCain...the difference being Hagel is actually qualified. I would expect to see Hagel in a key role in an Obama administration, if he wanted it.

So why suddenly is someone who you would have labeled a "libitard loser" during the Democratic primary suddenly CREDIBLE?

Ah. When she agrees with YOU. Silly me.

By the way wouldn't wingnuts call this FLIP FLOPPING?

Give me a freaking break. She's allowed to change her mind, and voice her opinion. I don't see the polls changing much.

Nothing to see here folks.

Spot on.

I would have loved to see Hagel as Obama's running mate. Of course then he'd be charged with pandering like McCain...the difference being Hagel is actually qualified. I would expect to see Hagel in a key role in an Obama administration, if he wanted it.

Maybe Obama will put him in charge of helping the disabled.