Former Giant Mark Ingram gets seven years...

1billsfan

...in jail for money laundering. Not Bills related, but thought it would be interesting news for the older members here who remember his days with the Giants.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ahf5...p&type=lgns

I stumbled across this then went to ESPN and NFL.com to see if they reported on this and couldn't find it. I wonder how many former name NFL players are in jail that we don't even know about.

The guy's second career has been crime. He was sentenced to six months in prison in 2001 after getting caught with counterfeit cash during a police sting targeting a stolen vehicle. He was sentenced to a year in 2004 after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor for stealing a credit card from a golf course. And he was charged last year with felony breaking and entering a building to steal a more credit cards.

That's what he gets for messing with the Bills in XXV.

The guy's second career has been crime. He was sentenced to six months in prison in 2001 after getting caught with counterfeit cash during a police sting targeting a stolen vehicle. He was sentenced to a year in 2004 after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor for stealing a credit card from a golf course. And he was charged last year with felony breaking and entering a building to steal a more credit cards.

That's what he gets for messing with the Bills in XXV.

[/quot

He got drafted out of Michigan State my first year in East Lansing. Not a very proud moment.

Just to add to the convo....Mark Ingram's son, Mark Ingram is a true freshman at the University of Alabama and is making his presence known. He's 7th in rushing yards in the SEC with 210 yards on 37 carries (5.7 ypc). I'm not saying he's Knowshon Moreno, but you'll know his name in the next few years.