ESPN piece on Bills

Beerball

It's great to see some positive press for a change. Over the next few weeks I expect to see more. I agree with some other posts that feel the D-line has been a key part to our "turnaround". The ability to pressure the QB consistently, without having to blitz every down, makes the secondary that much more effective. Our secondary hasn't been tested by any top flight receivers yet and really won't be until we face "Zona. It'll be interesting to see how we meet this challenge, since it's also a road game.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-103...the-corner.html

Some nice commentts by Tim Graham

Sometimes significance takes a few days, maybe even weeks or months, to be understood. The Bills knew the meaning of this victory immediately -- and it went beyond being 2-0.

If you're a Bills fan, the beauty of Sunday's victory is that it further established them as genuinely formidable and was untethered to anything else going on around the AFC East.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-103...the-corner.html

Some nice commentts by Tim Graham

Sometimes significance takes a few days, maybe even weeks or months, to be understood. The Bills knew the meaning of this victory immediately -- and it went beyond being 2-0.

If you're a Bills fan, the beauty of Sunday's victory is that it further established them as genuinely formidable and was untethered to anything else going on around the AFC East.

Any Bills fan who watched that game last week and won't admit that a little doubt creeped into their mind...a little oh crap, here we go again...is better than I. The important thing is the team never had a doubt. The D got stops when it mattered and the O won a come from behind game in the 4th quarter. Good things man!

Any Bills fan who watched that game last week and won't admit that a little doubt creeped into their mind...a little oh crap, here we go again...is better than I. The important thing is the team never had a doubt. The D got stops when it mattered and the O won a come from behind game in the 4th quarter. Good things man!

I most certainly thought that, and I thought it as early as our final drive of the first half, where, with decent field position and two timeouts plus the two minute warning, we suddenly decided to revert back to the "OK, let's go into half-time with the lead mentality," rather than what I thought would have been a, "Let's get some more points before the half and really stick it to them" mentality. That old way of thinking almost cost us the lead at the end of the half, or at the very least would have cut ours to one point and would have given Jax a lift going into the half. BUT, Stroud's play really pulled their butts out of the fire in a way that the old Bills of the past few seasons could not have.

Then, I really questioned the wisdom of activating Peters and playing Peters in this game. I knew it had to happen sooner rather than later, but he was really a liability on Trent's blind side and proved it when he gave up that blind side sack and a crucial turnover. BUT again, whereas in seasons recently passed, that would have been the death knell turning point of the game, the Bills overcame that huge mistake and still won the game against a very good defense in their own house.

What was most impressive to me was that the while the Bills still made some typical errors in judgment, the team was able to overcome them and still win the game. THAT is how a team becomes a winner. THAT was what I needed to see before I could lose that "Oh crap, here we go again feeling."

Then, I really questioned the wisdom of activating Peters and playing Peters in this game. I knew it had to happen sooner rather than later, but he was really a liability on Trent's blind side and proved it when he gave up that blind side sack and a crucial turnover. BUT again, whereas in seasons recently passed, that would have been the death knell turning point of the game, the Bills overcame that huge mistake and still won the game against a very good defense in their own house.

eeling."

Given the heat, without Peters, I have doubts if the Bills win this game. He was needed in the rotation, or I fear the Oline would have played at a much lower level. He made one big mistake that may, or may not, be related to his sitting out. But, he also made a few big plays, and was generally an asset in this game.

I also thought the tide had turned when the Bills went down 16-10. But, I felt pretty good after the TD. I knew the Jags had enough time, but I thought the D would step up, and they did.

I agree, and have would have no shame at all even if we were fattening up our record vs. bad teams. Remember, in preseason Trent was hurt and Peters wasn't there. Those, imo, are the 2 most important positions on the field, so it's not like we waltzed into opening day with no issues of our own.

Besides, there was nothing wrong with the Seattle and Jax defenses that Trent & co. were successful against. Oakland has won a game. Does this make them more legit than those 2?

I thought you were going to be talking about this one: link

This one is pretty good too and I really think it captures the spirit of this team well.

On Sunday, the Bills trailed 16-10 when they assumed possession at their own 26 with eight minutes to play. Second-year quarterback Trent Edwards calmly led them down the field against one of the NFL's better defenses. Edwards conducted a nine-play, 74-yard drive for the winning touchdown, a perfectly thrown jump ball to rookie James Hardy in the right corner of the end zone with 4:10 left in the game.

'Nuff said. :flirt:

Given the heat, without Peters, I have doubts if the Bills win this game. He was needed in the rotation, or I fear the Oline would have played at a much lower level. He made one big mistake that may, or may not, be related to his sitting out. But, he also made a few big plays, and was generally an asset in this game.

I agree he had some value as another body to rotate in on the line, and he did make some good blocks, But, while clearly the blind-side sack was his biggest and most obvious mistake, I saw many times where he was blown into the backfield on running plays, including one where his man practically tackled the back with Peters as a battering ram.

I sure hope he is in better shape and in better form this week.

I agree he had some value as another body to rotate in on the line, and he did make some good blocks, But, while clearly the blind-side sack was his biggest and most obvious mistake, I saw many times where he was blown into the backfield on running plays, including one where his man practically tackled the back with Peters as a battering ram.

I sure hope he is in better shape and in better form this week.

Oh, he definitely made more than that one mistake. But, they were far better off with Peters activated for this game, IMO. If you want a breakdown on his performance, here ya go:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=71926

I was worried pretty much throughout the game. It felt good to come out with the opening drive for 7 minutes and score. Then watch the Jags go 3 and out. All was good. But by the 3rd quarter those good feelings were long gone and the dread of "oh no, they're blowin' it again" was all I could think. Even when the Jags got the ball back with 26 seconds left down by 4, I thought... please, please the game ain't over yet.

I'm afraid it'll take several more solid wins before I have the kind of confidence I used to have in this team.

Given the heat, without Peters, I have doubts if the Bills win this game. He was needed in the rotation, or I fear the Oline would have played at a much lower level.

I couldn't agree more. It wouldn't surprise me if Walker weighs 380 pounds. He had to be rested a few times. Plus, Peters obviously needs/needed reps to get back to the top of his game.

Either way, it worked. As KTFBD asked recently, could the "Football Gods" be smiling upon the Bills for once? There are clues (injuries to opponents, etc.) that the answer just might be yes, but we have a long way to go.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more. It wouldn't surprise me if Walker weighs 380 pounds. He had to be rested a few times. Plus, Peters obviously needs/needed reps to get back to the top of his game.

Either way, it worked. As KTFBD asked recently, could the "Football Gods" be smiling upon the Bills for once? There are clues (injuries to opponents, etc.) that the answer just might be yes, but we have a long way to go.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or those Gods could just be setting us up for another BIG disappointment. The Football Gods are bastards!