SDS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori's not busy.

[...runs and hides....]

Lori's so busy that she's already (reluctantly) turned down one paying gig this week. Don't rub it in. So, no, my name is not in the running for this job.

Sounds like Scott is more or less describing a notebook, with stats and a few Web-only bells and whistles added. For comparison, here's the one Chuck Pollock filed from the Jacksonville game: A hot start for the Bills. (This normally runs right next to the expanded box score in the print version.)

If you want to get your feet wet, but you're not sure you can pound out an 800-word column, this is a perfect way to start.

Kelly the fair and balanced dog would be a good choice because he takes the time to do something right for the sake of accuracy and he seems to have a good feel for the pulse of the Buffalo Bills. PTR is also a very good choice. :thumbsup:

Great idea, if you can keep him sober enough during the game. :lol:

If we are looking for someone with exceptional writing skills - really articulate, I recommend someone locate a member known as Pass-the-pipe. If we are looking for someone really to publish unbiased insight that has an inside track into the inner workings of One Bills Drive - The Red Dragon is a can't miss. I myself, prefer the teachings of Swaggert the Whore Monger, but I have not seen him in years around here...

That's simply an impossible task. :thumbsup:

tgregg is another fine contender! Excellent writer, good clean-living kind of guy, takes good notes (remember his camp reports?).

Do I hear a second?

TBD is looking for someone to do post-game wrap ups. It will probably consist of:

5-6 bullet points of the games pivitol moments

game stats (this will be easy)

4-5 player quotes

links to AP recap, NFL, and BB.com post game features (photos, game-book)

and what ever else makes sense. It would be a tremendous benefit to our readers to have a decent archive of this stuff as the season progresses. Any takers?

I'd love to do something like this. Consider my name thrown in the hat.

Guest dog14787
tgregg is another fine contender! Excellent writer, good clean-living kind of guy, takes good notes (remember his camp reports?).

Do I hear a second?

After reading through some of his Topics and posts, tgregg would be great :thumbsup:

doesn't bb.com post the audio and select transcripts? We aren't looking for full post game interviews, just select quotes that capture the essence of the game.

It doesn't need to be instantaneous after the game, but sometime during on Monday would be good for posting.

I can do pretty much else asked except the audio quotes right after the game as I'm usually browsing the sports news and looking for the video highlights. If no one else takes this up I will or we can do a collaborative effort.

Hold a tryout, everyone interested do an upcoming game under the desired format and we can all vote on who does the best job :flirt:

It doesn't have to be a competition. Ok, have one person compile what SDS wants but allow others to contribute relevant material in thread form?

I used to read a really good column from a guy named Gerry. Maybe we could get him.

I'll ask his wife where he's been. Maybe I can persuade him for a modest comeback, since he can't sleep with advancing age, anyway.

Guest dog14787
It doesn't have to be a competition. Ok, have one person compile what SDS wants but allow others to contribute relevant material in thread form?

No, it doesn't have to be a competition, but if more than one person is interested it seems like a fair and enjoyable way for the whole board to choose, we like competition. :flirt: