We really got screwed by the schedule

nodnarb

to open the season is ridiculous. It really makes those Jags and Raiders losses hurt even more. We had them both won, not to mention the Jets.

Imagine this schedule (same teams)

1. Arizona (we would have destroyed them. they had no one to throw to then)

2. SF 9ers (again, no contest with rattay out and dorsey in)

3. Jets (before their easy streak gave them confidence)

4. Miami (another win)

5. Cincinnati (another win while their defense has no answers and palmer learns)

6. BYE

7. NE

8. St. Louis (good game)

---

at this point, we're at WORST 4-3. (Jets, NE, SL)

But the reality is, We can't lose another AFC game. YOu don't get a wildcard with 5 conference losses. It hasn't ever happened. As nice as it felt to get a win, Those 4 losses are going to keep us out, my friends.

We'd have a shot if we lost one more AFC Game and finished 11-5, but 10-6 with 5 conference losses will net us a big nothing.

to open the season is ridiculous. It really makes those Jags and Raiders losses hurt even more. We had them both won, not to mention the Jets.

4. Miami (another win)

5. Cincinnati (another win while their defense has no answers and palmer learns)

6. BYE

7. NE

8. St. Louis (good game)

---

But the reality is, We can't lose another AFC game. YOu don't get a wildcard with 5 conference losses. It hasn't ever happened. As nice as it felt to get a win, Those 4 losses are going to keep us out, my friends.

We'd have a shot if we lost one more AFC Game and finished 11-5, but 10-6 with 5 conference losses will net us a big nothing.

81027[/snapback]

Good post and I agree...I wish at least 1 of the 4 losses we had was against an NFC opponent....unless there are some major collapses in the conference, I cannot see us getting in with 5 conference losses either.....that Jags game is such a killer.

81027[/snapback]

Lots of interesting stats on here today. Any idea how many 10-6 teams didn't make the playoffs because of their conference record? I went back to 1996 and the ONLY 10-6 team I could find that didn't make the playoffs were the fish last year. Most years a 9-7 team gets into the playoffs.

We go 9-2 in our remaining games and I like our chances to make the playoffs.

No screwing - most team's schedules are heavy with division and conference games - fan interest, perhaps.

Example, 1st six...

B'gals - NYJ, MIA, BAL, PGH, bye, CLE, DEN.

Billls - JAX, OAK, bye, NE, NYJ, MIA, BAL.

Both played 3 in the division.

B'gals don't play out of conference until week 9 (WAS), and finish in weeks 15 & 16 against NYG and PHI.

Wildcards are meaningless anyway.  We'll never get back to the SB until somebody in the league (preferably the Bills) figures out how to beat NE.

81061[/snapback]

I dont agree....a wildcard makes the Cowpokes 1st rounder from us a high teens pick.......and gives this team confidence going into next year.......

I just want to make the playoffs........

I dont agree....a wildcard makes the Cowpokes 1st rounder from us a high teens pick.......and gives this team confidence going into next year.......

I just want to make the playoffs........

81080[/snapback]

Ill even go further then that...

I just want to see meangiful games in December! Ill settle for that to start!!!

4. Miami (another win)

6. BYE

7. NE

8. St. Louis (good game)

---

81027[/snapback]

At some point record does not matter, it's how you play and we are weak offensively.

THere are a ton of factors that go into this. The bottom line, though, is that with five AFC loses, we ARE pretty much in the stevestojaner. From that point all you can look forward to is whether we progress as a team and see improvement heading into next year.

Frankly, I can't believe it's mid-October and we're having this discussion.

The only thing that 'screwed' the Bills was their inability to close the deal against Jax and NYJ.

THere are a ton of factors that go into this. The bottom line, though, is that with five AFC loses, we ARE pretty much in the stevestojaner. From that point all you can look forward to is whether we progress as a team and see improvement heading into next year.

Frankly, I can't believe it's mid-October and we're having this discussion.

I fail to see the logic here. Unless we go 9-7 or better the rest of the year, it won't matter! But we should be at least 3-2 tho! Our "schedule" had nothing to do with all those 4th quarter collapses. How is 0-4 against NFC opponents really help us in the larger scheme of things?

The games w/o a doubt you have to win are against division opponents. We are only 1-2 now--not very good thus far.