Is it better for Kiffin to stay or be fired this week?

Reddy Freddy

With Lane Kiffin on the hottest of hot seats, do you think we're better off playing the Raiders before he gets fired or after?

Since he hasn't been fired yet, it would seem he is safe at least until Sunday. And I tend to think this is better for the Bills, as opposed to Kiffin getting the axe before our game. It seems to me that the team is in total disarray right now, with the coach not knowing if he'll make it another week. I suppose it is possible the Raiders will play extra hard to save their coach's job, but that doesn't seem very likely given that the players have to know it's a foregone conclusion. If an interim coach like Ryan or Lofton were installed before our game, I think the players would be looser and relieved knowing the coaching situation was settled.

Anyway, excuse my stream of consciousness post here, but I've been pondering this for the last couple days. Any thoughts?

With Lane Kiffin on the hottest of hot seats, do you think we're better off playing the Raiders before he gets fired or after?

Since he hasn't been fired yet, it would seem he is safe at least until Sunday. And I tend to think this is better for the Bills, as opposed to Kiffin getting the axe before our game. It seems to me that the team is in total disarray right now, with the coach not knowing if he'll make it another week. I suppose it is possible the Raiders will play extra hard to save their coach's job, but that doesn't seem very likely given that the players have to know it's a foregone conclusion. If an interim coach like Ryan or Lofton were installed before our game, I think the players would be looser and relieved knowing the coaching situation was settled.

Anyway, excuse my stream of consciousness post here, but I've been pondering this for the last couple days. Any thoughts?

How does an interim coach settle anything? I know what you are saying but that team is so bad that a mid-week coaching change will not help. I don't see this as any advantage to the Raiders.

If you had checked the current topics you'd have seen this is being discussed. AND, Kiffin is yesterdays news..

Your pathetic, sanctimonious scolding about message board etiquette amuses me. Please, work harder to get a life. Maybe then you'll be less concerned about an extra thread being created on a message board.

Kiffin will be fired if the Raiders are embarrassed by the Bills Sunday. Don't think his players don't know that.

PTR

I think it would be great for the Bills to contribute to that firing.

Kiffin will be fired if the Raiders are embarrassed by the Bills Sunday. Don't think his players don't know that.

PTR

The players know he's a dead man walking. Right now it is a distraction to the team and will remain so until he goes. IMO it's better for the Bills to have him stay and not have to face the spike in effort that will accompany a new coach in his first game.

The players know he's a dead man walking. Right now it is a distraction to the team and will remain so until he goes. IMO it's better for the Bills to have him stay and not have to face the spike in effort that will accompany a new coach in his first game.

That was my thinking as well. People seem to be speculating as to whether and when Kiffin will be fired. My question was simply whether or not the Bills stand to gain more by having him remain as coach through our game.

This is just my humble opinion, but if we need to factor in coaching changes in order to beat the Raiders, the Bills have not progressed as much from previous years as we had thought.

I'm sure the Bills team could care less. It's the nervous nellies on this board who are pumping up the bloated whale carcass that the Raiders have become.

PTR

Strictly as a fan who strongly dislikes the Raiders, I would like to think the Bills were the team to put the final nail in the coffin. But, really, I think it would be better for the Bills if Kiffin were to be fired this week, maybe even something crazy like Friday afternoon. You never know with Al Davis in charge. I don't really want to face a team full of guys playing their hearts out in hopes they can save their beloved and beleaguered coach's job.

This is just my humble opinion, but if we need to factor in coaching changes in order to beat the Raiders, the Bills have not progressed as much from previous years as we had thought.

I'm sure most people would agree with you. But the original question was intended to ask people's opinions on whether a Bills victory would be EASIER with or without Lane Kiffin as the Raiders coach. Not debating whether the Bills will win one way but not the other -- simply asking which way makes the Raiders a weaker team.