Buffalo Bisons may sign deal with the Mets

PromoTheRobot

If you could choose, what team would you rather be associated with?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you prefer the Bisons be associated with?

• New York Mets
    • Toronto Blue Jays

Bisons appear ready to sign deal with the Mets

Interesting article. Sounds like the Mets would prefer to be in Syracuse, except the franchise there is badly run. The Bisons on the other hand seem to be a model minor league operation.

PTR

linki no worki for me. What's the gist of the article? Is Cleveland looking to move, or is this strictly a Buffalo decision?

Cleveland ended the agreement. IIRC, they are moving their farmclub to Columbus.

That is correct. I think the Indians are trying to expand SportsTime Ohio (their cable TV network) across the Columbus area, and using the Clippers as their top farm club is a pretty good way to do it. This way, the Tribe will have four of their minor-league teams (Columbus, Akron, Lake County, Mahoning Valley) within 2 1/2 hours of Cleveland.

Columbus will also have Huntington Park, their brand-new stadium, ready next spring. IMO, the Tribe would be stupid NOT to seek out Columbus. This is a good business move.

I voted Mets, because I looked at Syracuse's recent history while being affiliated with Toronto and was underwhelmed to say the least. No division titles since 1989, no league championships since 1976, while the Zephyrs (NY Mets' last AAA team) won a division and conference championship in 2007.

I also don't like the Jays.

I voted Mets, because I looked at Syracuse's recent history while being affiliated with Toronto and was underwhelmed to say the least. No division titles since 1989, no league championships since 1976, while the Zephyrs (NY Mets' last AAA team) won a division and conference championship in 2007.

I also don't like the Jays.

The Zephyrs used to be the Norfolk Tides and they more often than not fielded a winning team. The one thing that you'll find out is that there is next to no contact between the parent club and the AAA club. For the Tides management it was very frustrating.

On the bright side *sarcasm* now we have the Orioles AAA team here and they suck worse that the O's! :lol:

The Zephyrs used to be the Norfolk Tides and they more often than not fielded a winning team. The one thing that you'll find out is that there is next to no contact between the parent club and the AAA club. For the Tides management it was very frustrating.

On the bright side *sarcasm* now we have the Orioles AAA team here and they suck worse that the O's! :lol:

Great, so our choices are bad (Mets) and worse (Jays)? Awesome.