J.P. Losman Needs To Be Traded

NunoFreak

Being the huge J.P. Losman nutswinger that I am, I would love for Losman to end up on the Vikings. That would be an ideal situation for him and I think he would do very well, as that team is built up and ready to roll. When Losman inevitably leaves Buffalo, I hope he lands in a good situation and can finally show off his skills behind a decent offensive line. I may be smoking house paint, but I think Losman on the Vikings this season would make them a real Super Bowl contender...

:lol:

Being the huge J.P. Losman nutswinger that I am, I would love for Losman to end up on the Vikings. That would be an ideal situation for him and I think he would do very well, as that team is built up and ready to roll. When Losman inevitably leaves Buffalo, I hope he lands in a good situation and can finally show off his skills behind a decent offensive line. I may be smoking house paint, but I think Losman on the Vikings this season would make them a real Super Bowl contender...

:lol:

Probably too late for JP to learn the offense. Also, Minnesota runs a west coast style offense, which does not match up well with J.P.'s abilities.

IMO, the Bills have a nice insurance policy on the bench and they should keep him here.

The key for this fan of the Bills in judging any trade is what do we get out of it.

If we trade JP, it starts with us getting a credible #2 for him (already doubtful as a proposition since if the trade partner has a credible #2 then why are they trading this QB away) and something else of value (preferably a player with proven though likely limited abilities as draft picks are important but in general tend to be extremely over-values in this fantasy football driven world).

The key for this fan of the Bills in judging any trade is what do we get out of it.

If we trade JP, it starts with us getting a credible #2 for him (already doubtful as a proposition since if the trade partner has a credible #2 then why are they trading this QB away) and something else of value (preferably a player with proven though likely limited abilities as draft picks are important but in general tend to be extremely over-values in this fantasy football driven world).

Losman, for Adrian Peterson and a 5th round pick, then we trade Marshawn our 2nd Rd pick and the 5th round pick from the Vikes for Matt Cassel. Bench Edwards for Matt Cassel

Guest dog14787

Imagine if Trent Edwards gets injured :lol:

Is it going to take something like that to happen before everyone says wow, good thing we have J.P. Losman.

I like TE allot, we all do, some of us even think we should baby him, geesh, who was that guy :huh: , but the truth of the matter is, J.P. Losman will also win ball games under Turk Shonert, and in some cases score just as many or more points than TE.

I know JP's gone after this season, he's to good to be a back up, but until then I'm thankful he's here.

I do understand the value of a trade if possible, but I also understand the gamble because the Buffalo Bills are a playoff caliber team. Hamdan is OK, I like him, he's just not prepared to step in and win a playoff or championship game.

J.P. losman is, he is because he knows it would be an audition for the whole NFL to see. He is because we have an OC with brains enough to win with Losman, he is because deep down J.P. Losman knows he can win in this league and he wants to be a world champion.

Be thankful we have J.P. Losman, he'll be gone soon enough :wallbash:

Imagine if Trent Edwards gets injured :lol:

Is it going to take something like that to happen before everyone says wow, good thing we have J.P. Losman.

I like TE allot, we all do, some of us even think we should baby him, geesh, who was that guy :huh: , but the truth of the matter is, J.P. Losman will also win ball games under Turk Shonert, and in some cases score just as many or more points than TE.

I know JP's gone after this season, he's to good to be a back up, but until then I'm thankful he's here.

I do understand the value of a trade if possible, but I also understand the gamble because the Buffalo Bills are a playoff caliber team. Hamdan is OK, I like him, he's just not prepared to step in and win a playoff or championship game.

J.P. losman is, he is because he knows it would be an audition for the whole NFL to see. He is because we have an OC with brains enough to win with Losman, he is because deep down J.P. Losman knows he can win in this league and he wants to be a world champion.

Be thankful we have J.P. Losman, he'll be gone soon enough :wallbash:

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid brother! You don't have to preach to me, Hallelujah!

Guest dog14787
I'm drinking the Kool-Aid brother! You don't have to preach to me, Hallelujah!

Nawww, no preaching just rejoicing my brother, The Losmanites and the Holy Trents have joined hands and now stand united as one. :lol:

:wallbash:

Major :lol:

Then who'd be the backup that could pick up the slack should, God forbid, TE went down?

I wish JP all the best and hope he can land a starting job somewhere next season...I'm betting he will.

As the season goes on it will be interesting to speculate how he might have done under Schonert this year. So far I'm guessing with him as starter the Bills are 1-1.

Oh, and I feel great about Hamdan as #2 next year. Bring in some competition next spring, for sure, but I think Hamdan's got the goods and will be our backup.

In your wildest dreams, they would not trade JP away during this season. He knows the offense and may be called upon if TE gets injured. I do think many people are overestimating his ability to be a starter in this league. Much like David Carr and Joey Harrington (2 guys that have not landed a starting job)...JP is good in spurts but wildly inconsistent. I think he has more sub-120 yard passing games than any QB I've ever heard of. Other than the bomb, JP has problems hitting guys in space where they can get YAC. He's a decent insurance policy for the Bills this year but I don't see him ever being a consistently good starter in the NFL.

I can't see the Bills trading JP this year unless the return would be significant.. like an offer that couldn't be refused. Like many others have said, he's our #2 and a great insurance policy this year should Edwards get hurt.

Probably too late for JP to learn the offense. Also, Minnesota runs a west coast style offense, which does not match up well with J.P.'s abilities.

IMO, the Bills have a nice insurance policy on the bench and they should keep him here.

What they really need is a manager QB like a Jeff Garcia... JP needs everything to be perfect for him to succeed...At this poi nt I don't know if JP can quickly turnaround.