Jets and Pats Have not Shown anything yet

mike6683

Jets played Miami and pats played KC week one then they played each other. These teams have played no one to prove that they can be any good this year. And from what ive seen neither teams O or D looks impressive to me.

Uh, doy. You obviously haven't been reading the TBD truths of the day- our opponents remain winless as well! ;)

The lynch mobs are already forming in New York, but they are split between those who think Favre sucks and those who think Mangenius is not using him correctly. Either way it ain't gonna end well in the Big Apple.

The Pats, on the other hand, will only get better...not great, but better. I wish we were playing them now. Of course we have not seen them play a good team yet. Maybe the Chargers will expose them. Looking at their schedule, they only play 5 quality opponents (counting us.) They have the Fins and 49ers before the Chargers so they will likely be 4-0

PTR

lol at Favre at the end of that game. he had that look on his face like "WTF did i get myself into?!?!?"

I watched a lot of that game and was struck by how uncomfortable Favre looked. None of his throws had much confidence, and I was actually quite surprised to read that he was 18/26. He was no threat at all to the Pats, and I have a hard time imagining him getting much better as the pressure mounts this season.

If history repeats itself, first time as tragedy, second time as farce, then Favre is a repeat of Bledsoe. Sorry Jet fans!

I watched a lot of that game and was struck by how uncomfortable Favre looked. None of his throws had much confidence, and I was actually quite surprised to read that he was 18/26. He was no threat at all to the Pats, and I have a hard time imagining him getting much better as the pressure mounts this season.

If history repeats itself, first time as tragedy, second time as farce, then Favre is a repeat of Bledsoe. Sorry Jet fans!

Worse than Bledsoe-he may turn out to be Namath in LA or Unitas in SD

i cant wait until he plays the Bills (a team with a decent secondary). we should have 6 picks in each of the Jets games if he stays true to his "slinging it around the field" mentality. you can chuck it and put it up against the Dolphins, maybe even against the Pats secondary... but Greer, McGee, Youbouty, Whitner and Simpson must all be licking their chops at those "throws to a spot" he has been putting up.

One thing I heard about Favre's transitional challenge is that the Packs playbook was based on phrases and the Jets playbook is based on numbers. He's struggling to learn the plays, and from what I've heard, you can count the number of Jets plays that Favre knows well on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher. Look at the touchdown pass he threw vs. the Fish to win the game. Even Favre admitted he just whipped it up there, and at one point while calling the play in the huddle said "Okay, let's run that play we just ran."

Right now, they'll each only get better, but I'm not sure what they will mean long term.

The Pats* have shown they can win without their best player. I'd say that's something.

Well, they've proven they can beat mediocrities without TB. Cassel and co look very beatable, however. NE has been reduced to playing small ball offense. While they may not just fade away because of their easy schedule (32nd toughest in NFL to be exact) they don't look scary anymore.