Tina Fey as Sarah Palin

Heels20X6

I know this isn't the PPP board, so I will keep it short. I know a judge in Alaska (who I am relatively certain is Republican) who knows, and has served on committees and such with SP, and isn't real keen on the idea of SP being the GOP VP nominee. He cites her lack of experience, and the fact that she has a few "issues" in her political past, that were glossed-over and misstated. Some of them are coming to light, and there are sure to be more. The revelations are sure to be positioned as political mudslinging, of course.

Just so we are clear. This guy doesn't like Obama much, either, but has no personal knowledge of anything bad...just thinks he is too inexperienced.

I have to believe McCain cringed when he was advised to pick SP, but held his nose and did what he was told was "politically expedient".

Banning books...firing enemies...doesn't believe in eveolution...what's not to love?

PTR

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't the PPP board, so I will keep it short. I know a judge in Alaska (who I am relatively certain is Republican) who knows, and has served on committees and such with SP, and isn't real keen on the idea of SP being the GOP VP nominee. He cites her lack of experience, and the fact that she has a few "issues" in her political past, that were glossed-over and misstated. Some of them are coming to light, and there are sure to be more. The revelations are sure to be positioned as political mudslinging, of course.

Just so we are clear. This guy doesn't like Obama much, either, but has no personal knowledge of anything bad...just thinks he is too inexperienced.

I have to believe McCain cringed when he was advised to pick SP, but held his nose and did what he was told was "politically expedient".

Since when has experience governing ever really been a requirement to be President?

i was looking for any reason to vote for mccain, but he's proven to me he is probably crazy after all. of course, he was losing, so a creationist anti-abortion prom queen to fire up the wingnuts and church idiots was exactly what the ticket needed. whether she's good enough to keep him in it for 7 more weeks is anybody's guess. i suspect she is, because if that retard bush could get people out, i'm pretty sure a hot chick can.

but haha what a dumb cnut :flirt: 5 colleges! just what the red staters love...the dumber the better! gotta love identity politics

I know you some of you guys can't stand her, but you'll warm up to her - maybe even come to like her - during her inevitable next 16 years in the West Wing. :flirt:

If anything, it'll be one and done. She's the female Dan Quayle.

It'll be 8 for Jack McCain, then 8 for Ms. Palin. That bugs a lot of folks, I know, but that's just how it's gonna be. Sorry.

I believe the electorate might be that stupid, based on the last election.

But, 8 more years of this kind of gov't, and the increasing fervor of the right-wing, might lead this country directly to massive riots and a revolution. You can only piss on people for so long before they decide to revolt. Of course, the economy will be totally shot, by then, and we will likely be in many wars all over the world, so one more, here at home, might not make much of a difference.

It'll be 8 for Jack McCain, then 8 for Ms. Palin. That bugs a lot of folks, I know, but that's just how it's gonna be. Sorry.

Want to put some money on that? I'm not saying it couldn't happen (some guy here said the Pats would go 16-0 last year and took a lot crap for it), I just believe it to be HIGHLY unlikely. I'm 38 and in relatively good health, so I should live to be 54. Wanna throw $10k each into a inflation protected bond fund? You win if in Jan 2025, Mrs. Palin is standing next to whomever the republic selects as the 46th president in 2024, basking in the success of her 16 years in the West Wing. I win if anything else happens.

What do you say?

I believe the electorate might be that stupid, based on the last election.

But, 8 more years of this kind of gov't, and the increasing fervor of the right-wing, might lead this country directly to massive riots and a revolution. You can only piss on people for so long before they decide to revolt. Of course, the economy will be totally shot, by then, and we will likely be in many wars all over the world, so one more, here at home, might not make much of a difference.

I wouldn't bet on Democrats winning anything. No matter how many times they get schooled, they never learn. Look how this election is going. The Republicans understand you can say or do anything...A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G...and if you act like its true, people will believe you. It helps to have Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc. blowing smoke for you too. Meanwhile Democrats think that people will give them points for being noble. Horse caca! If it weren't for Ross "Looney Tunes" Perot, our last Democratic prez would be Jimmy Carter.

The Senator knows what he speaks of. The Republicans can run Osama Bin Laden and still make any Democrat look like a unpatriotic traitor.

PTR

Want to put some money on that? I'm not saying it couldn't happen (some guy here said the Pats would go 16-0 last year and took a lot crap for it), I just believe it to be HIGHLY unlikely. I'm 38 and in relatively good health, so I should live to be 54. Wanna throw $10k each into a inflation protected bond fund? You win if in Jan 2025, Mrs. Palin is standing next to whomever the republic selects as the 46th president in 2024, basking in the success of her 16 years in the West Wing. I win if anything else happens.

What do you say?

I say, "Calm down, Sparky!"

There's plenty of folks that'll engage with you over on PPP. I won't.

I wouldn't bet on Democrats winning anything. No matter how many times they get schooled, they never learn. Look how this election is going. The Republicans understand you can say or do anything...A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G...and if you act like its true, people will believe you. It helps to have Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc. blowing smoke for you too. Meanwhile Democrats think that people will give them points for being noble. Horse caca! If it weren't for Ross "Looney Tunes" Perot, our last Democratic prez would be Jimmy Carter.

The Senator knows what he speaks of. The Republicans can run Osama Bin Laden and still make any Democrat look like a unpatriotic traitor.

PTR

Thanks PTR - can't figure out why some thought Karl Rove was just gonna sit this one out! :flirt:

If you asked me 6 months ago, I'd have said there's no way the democrats can lose this election. NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!!

How do they manage to do it?

PTR

I agree, that's why I said, "I believe the electorate might be that stupid, based on the last election."

Thanks PTR - can't figure out why some thought Karl Rove was just gonna sit this one out! :flirt:

If you asked me 6 months ago, I'd have said there's no way the democrats can lose this election. NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!!

How do they manage to do it?

The "left-wing liberal media" is a myth. Sure, there are individual anchors and reporters who may have their agendas (Kieth Olbermann comes to mind), but the right has a media machine in Fox News, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, etc. As if on cue, everyone focuses on the same message and drills it home. So if the Republicans want the press painted as sexist just because they are doing their job with Sarah Palin, BOOM, it's a done deal within 24 hours. Their coordination and precision is impressive.

Democrats are a disparate collection of interests pulling in all directions at once. Republicans have disparate interests too. But they stake their respective turfs: oil, finance, religion, etc, and move in lock step. Ruthless efficiency. It's a shame they are leading this country straight to hell.

PTR

Because they probably thought that McCain wouldn't stoop to that level, as he'd probably rather have his eyes gouged out then be in the same room with Rove. But, I never doubted that he would stoop to whatever it took to win the election. This isn't the old Maverick McCain. That was beaten out of him many years ago. Now it'll be all mudslinging, all the time.

But, the fundamentals of the economy are in good shape. So that's cool,

Because they probably thought that McCain wouldn't stoop to that level, as he'd probably rather have his eyes gouged out then be in the same room with Rove. But, I never doubted that he would stoop to whatever it took to win the election. This isn't the old Maverick McCain. That was beaten out of him many years ago. Now it'll be all mudslinging, all the time.

But, the fundamentals of the economy are in good shape. So that's cool,

I was working in the media here in NH back in 2000 when McCain won that primary. The John McCain of 2000 bears no resemblance to the John McCain of today.

PTR