Obama ad slams McCain's Computer skills

Completely missing the point that the Messiah's campaign staff is full of incompetents. They made fun of McCain because of his war injuries. They are in a panic and will try anything. 99.9999999999%of voters don't know what net neutrality is and couldn't care less.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt matter than he cannot work a keyboard. What matters is he doesn't know what is going on and is out of touch.

The reality of the article you linked is that it's an Obama supporter who is trying to make an issue out of something that, though it can be an issue, is pretty low on the list of issues this year. In fact, even the author concludes with "Obama's tech policies aren't perfect, and McCain's wouldn't be all bad." In other words, here's another way to promote the fact that McCain is old and crotchety and Obama is young and hip, even though most people don't really care about "net neutrality" right now.

Have another brew with McCain while Palin tosses another textbook onto the fire to cook a moose.

What, you couldn't squeeze a comment about how Palin's own neighbor doesn't like her? :lol: I suspect you got texted this little zinger personally from the incredibly technologically savvy Barrack Obama's very own Blackberry. Are you guys done with the whole "Jesus was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor" thing, too, or does everyone now fully understand that that Barrack Obama = Jesus? :wallbash::huh:

I'll tell ya what...it's too bad politicians aren't awarded votes based on all the funny, useless things their supporters can say. The left would rule the world and, dare I say, Bill Maher would be your king.

The reality of the article you linked is that it's an Obama supporter who is trying to make an issue out of something that, though it can be an issue, is pretty low on the list of issues this year. In fact, even the author concludes with "Obama's tech policies aren't perfect, and McCain's wouldn't be all bad." In other words, here's another way to promote the fact that McCain is old and crotchety and Obama is young and hip, even though most people don't really care about "net neutrality" right now.

What, you couldn't squeeze a comment about how Palin's own neighbor doesn't like her? :lol: I suspect you got texted this little zinger personally from the incredibly technologically savvy Barrack Obama's very own Blackberry. Are you guys done with the whole "Jesus was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor" thing, too, or does everyone now fully understand that that Barrack Obama = Jesus? :lol: :lol:

I'll tell ya what...it's too bad politicians aren't awarded votes based on all the funny, useless things their supporters can say. The left would rule the world and, dare I say, Bill Maher would be your king.

I don't care all that much about net neutrality either. That has little to do with what I was talking about, and was only brought up at all because Blue Fire, in a response to me, mentioned it as something HE is concerned about, and I in turn responded that it was the first item mentioned by Obama in his tech plan. But I really wasn't talking much about the specifics of the tech plan anyway. As I have stated about seven times now. I can't help it if people cannot understand a simple concept.

Net neutrality is not a big technology issue. The technology is fairly mundane and market tested. Net neutrality is a stealthy way for Google & other free loaders to raise the cost of internet access to the consumers and still blame the cable companies & telcos for it. Don't talk to a policy wonk about it. Ask an engineer who actually has to manage network traffic and see what net neutrality really means.

The problem is it goes much further than just throttling traffic during times when it actually needs to be.

Comcast is known for consolidating multiple head ends into one, and then not upgrading that one head end, causing massive overselling of bandwidth. As a result, they've implemented QoS controls to avoid having to upgrade their network like a normal ISP. They also like to leave their throttling on during non-peak times (p2p traffic shaping at 4am? lol).

I should note that I'm not opposed to QoS models or fair queuing algorithms, I think that during peak times it's quite necessary depending on bandwidth saturation (I use a rudimentary QoS implementation at home myself since my two roommates like to use bit torrent heavily at times). However, there are technological solutions to being able to detect network load and then implementing throttling based upon the bandwidth being used at that point in time.

Unfortunately, it seems like we're moving more toward the Canadian model of ISPs, where Rogers and Bell use DPI to throttle anything that is non-http traffic.

Hopefully ipv6 will get adopted soon, so DPI isn't such an easy thing to do anymore.

I don't care all that much about net neutrality either. That has little to do with what I was talking about, and was only brought up at all because Blue Fire, in a response to me, mentioned it as something HE is concerned about, and I in turn responded that it was the first item mentioned by Obama in his tech plan. But I really wasn't talking much about the specifics of the tech plan anyway. As I have stated about seven times now. I can't help it if people cannot understand a simple concept.

WTF are you talking about? YOU'RE the one who posted the link in which the basis of he article is this:"...Powell asserts that issues like Network Neutrality in Obama's agenda are "in the weeds," because "[a] lot of the FCC's issues aren't 'president of the United States' issues." Nothing could be further from the truth."

So if this isn't about net neutrality, then what in the name of all this is holy are you freakin' talking about? Please...for all of us moronic conservatives...please explain what the !@#$ this simple concept is that I keep asking you to explain and you keep not explaining because it is obviously too simple. Seriously...WHAT IS THE TECHNOLOGY ISSUE that is so important for our next president to grasp?

WTF are you talking about? YOU'RE the one who posted the link in which the basis of he article is this:"...Powell asserts that issues like Network Neutrality in Obama's agenda are "in the weeds," because "[a] lot of the FCC's issues aren't 'president of the United States' issues." Nothing could be further from the truth."

So if this isn't about net neutrality, then what in the name of all this is holy are you freakin' talking about? Please...for all of us moronic conservatives...please explain what the !@#$ this simple concept is that I keep asking you to explain and you keep not explaining because it is obviously too simple. Seriously...WHAT IS THE TECHNOLOGY ISSUE that is so important for our next president to grasp?

Read the thread. I thought you had been, since you responded about three times.

I explained here...

I happen to think that not knowing how the damn things work, and not understanding the basic idea of them, is a serious issue when it is the greatest cultural advance in the last millennium. I really do. I know he knows what the Internet is, but still, if you do not understand or care to understand how the damn thing works I really think it hinders a lot of basic understanding of technology. Again, I am sick of stupid people in the White House. If that makes me an elitist, I'm happy to be an elitist. Sorry, but I am prejudiced against potentially smart people that don't do what they need to do to understand the world around them.

and here...

To me it's like not understanding math. Sure, you can get away with not knowing. Sure you can have advisors explain how 10 billion and 12 billion are 22 billion and 22 billion is a lot. But it really helps the understanding of a lot of other things when you know math. Technology is completely changing the world, practically on a daily basis. Knowing how it works is a major cog in understanding the global marketplace. Knowing how people communicate with each other is a big step. My business partner is older and doesn't bother to understand a lot of the technology. He knows more than McCain, and can get his own email, but there have been dozens of conversations I have had with him over the last few years where his basic ignorance of technology didn't allow him to even join the conversation, he didn't know how it affected how our own business is changing, he was just left behind and completely ignorant on an entire new phase and market in the business he used to know inside out. I think it's a big thing, yes.

Again, I'm sure McCain knows a bit about the Internet. But to me, again like math, it's like not understanding the basic tenets of addition and subtraction and multiplication and division, but being able to get a number by using a calculator. You may get the answer but you don't really understand it.

and here...

Think of how your business would run if you didn't know how the Internet worked, how to get your own email, and had only a base understanding of how technology works. And yes it is the same. This is how the world works these days, and it has changed dramatically in the last 10 years. I just can't believe people like yourself have no issue with this.

You know how I know he knows nothing about it? Because he said, “I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don’t expect to be a great communicator, I don’t expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need.” That says he has no idea that you can learn how to get online in five minutes. That isn't even a rudimentary knowledge of how the thing works. That's someone who never turned on a computer. That's pathetic and scary. That's something you should know if you're President. And yes, he probably knows by now how to get his own email.

and here...

Infowar is one of the biggest threats the United States has today. Nearly as grave as most WMD attacks would be. If you don't understand how it works, you don't understand how grave it is. People can tell you what could happen to the country and you would just nod and say, "Yeah, that sounds bad" but you wouldn't really understand it. Sorry, but that is a huge disadvantage. I think John McCain knows a lot about infowar. I don't think if he doesn't know how to turn on a computer that he really understands it.

One of the biggest mistakes of recent American history, from both parties, is simply not studying and understanding the cultures of our enemies, especially in the Middle East. The simple lack of understanding put us at an enormous disadvantage. We couldn't make the most correct decisions because we didnt have a basic understanding of the differences between the tribes. You could say you knew the history of the region but you really didn't understand it at the level it needed to be understood, because the basics were not taught. It's the same thing. A misunderstanding, and then a misreading, of the world has been an American quality and defect for quite some time now. I, for one, am sick of it. I think it hurts us. I think Americans die because of it. Sorry, but you need to know how technology works, how the Internet works, how terrorists communicate via it, how quickly things can change because of it, how it changes the world marketplace, and a 100 other things to truly understand the world the way it needs to be understood in 2008.

and here...

I didnt get out of it that the author is accusing of Powell thinking technology doesn't matter as much as McCain's lack of knowledge, curiosity and exposure is similar to the last eight years, and the effect is that technology doesn't matter. That little would be done with it. And we as a nation would fall behind other nations who put more stock in it. Which has been my argument here. I'm sure McCains advisors know all about technology and they probably do think it matters. I should hope so.

Read the thread. I thought you had been, since you responded about three times.

Why didn't you just say you recently saw "Live Free or Die Hard" and it disturbed you?

Okay, now that we understand your concern about "Infowar," how is Obama better prepared to handle this newly defined issue over McCain? Because he was the first to make it an issue? Because he was the first to point out that McCain is technologically deficient?

What in Obama's history shows that this important issue...an issue you say is nearly as grave a threat as WMDs...is best managed by Obama instead of McCain?

Dick Morris was on last night and said Bill and Hillary don't know how to email either, their assistants do everything, and that shouldn't disqualify somebody from being president.

Dick Morris, there's an objective authority. :thumbsup: What device did he use to to allow a prostitute to listen in on conversations with the President?

Dick Morris, there's an objective authority. :thumbsup: What device did he use to to allow a prostitute to listen in on conversations with the President?

So Dick Morris, a former Clinton political consultant, is not an objective authority on the Clintons, but Barrack Obama is an objective authority on John McCain?

That's just rich.

Dick Morris was on last night and said Bill and Hillary don't know how to email either, their assistants do everything, and that shouldn't disqualify somebody from being president.

However, Bill and Hilary was a terrible president, so maybe they are onto something.

So Dick Morris, a former Clinton political consultant, is not an objective authority on the Clintons, but Barrack Obama is an objective authority on John McCain?

That's just rich.

Morris hates the Clintons and doesn't miss a chance to trash them. Is McCain an objective authority on Obama?

However, Bill and Hilary was a terrible president, so maybe they are onto something.

Yeah, he did a terrible job. :flirt:

When Clinton left office:

Unemployment 4.2%

Budget: $281 billion surplus

National Debt: $5.7 trillion

Gas: $1.50

Wall Street going strong

Iraq contained

2008:

Unemployment: 6.1%

Budget: $357 billion deficit

National Debt: $9.7 trillion

Gas: $4.00

Wall Street in crisis

Occupation of Iraq at $10 billion per month

That's just rich.

McCain has admitted as such about his lack of computer use, Morris is a political hack, a smart one, but he plays to the highest bidder, so no he is not a trust worth authority.

Morris hates the Clintons and doesn't miss a chance to trash them. Is McCain an objective authority on Obama?

Yeah, he did a terrible job. :flirt:

When Clinton left office:

Unemployment 4.2%

Budget: $281 billion surplus

National Debt: $5.7 trillion

Gas: $1.50

Wall Street going strong

Iraq contained

2008:

Unemployment: 6.1%

Budget: $357 billion deficit

National Debt: $9.7 trillion

Gas: $4.00

Wall Street in crisis

Occupation of Iraq at $10 billion per month

That's because Clinton turned a blind eye to terrorists as they attacked the WTC and the Cole and built up strength under him, resulting in the 9-11 attacks which Bush had to deal with. I love when folks try to compare the 8 years of Clinton to Bush as apples to apples.